DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How does CS decide what network to connect to?

RickMz

Reactions
I would like my CS to connect to my 5GHz WIfi network as a default (vs the current 2.4GHz one it automatically connects to).
Is there a setting to make it check one before the other? I prefer NOT to delete the 2.4 one in case the 5GHz is down.
Thanks in advance.

I would like my CS to connect to my 5GHz WIfi network as a default (vs the current 2.4GHz one it automatically connects to).
Is there a setting to make it check one before the other? I prefer NOT to delete the 2.4 one in case the 5GHz is down.
Thanks in advance.

I don’t have a CS but most devices have an option in Wi-Fi settings for each network that is “connect automatically.” Just uncheck this option and it won’t connect automatically to the 2.4 but still saves your password.

Realistically though I can’t think of a reason why your 5Ghz network would be down but not your 2.4? Unless your router is under powered and can’t broadcast 5G to everywhere in your home in which case use the above method and manually choose 2.4 when 5G is unavailable.

May be that the shorter wavelength of the 2.4GHz penetrates something better. In general, with the same power the lower frequency will penetrate more... including tree branches, etc. and it will reach farther than the higher frequency.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+