DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How does everyone transfer their videos to their computers?

Kmccb

Reactions
I find it to be a royal PITA to pop the microsd card out.. It is so hard for me to pull out.. Like I need a set of needle nose or something..

Then to put it in the SD Card, then pop it in..

Thinking of at least getting a USB 3.0 microsd card reader but still have to take it out which is the real hard part..

Anyone else have this issue?

Reactions: Ironman
I don't find it difficult to remove the microSD card from the Mavic, so I simply remove it and insert it into a card reader in my computer.

Note, that the slot is spring loaded. You should be PUSHING not PULLING it out of the Mavic.

No. Its easy enough to eject the card for me by pushing it with my fingernail. What would be nice in future models would be to place the SD card slot so you could access it without unfolding the legs

when i first received my mavic, i found it very difficult to remove the included SD card. i had to use a needle to remove it. turns out that whoever inserted it at the factory did not insert it correctly into the slot. they inserted it in such a way that the spring mechanism to insert/remove the card did not latch. i pushed in/out one of my own cards and it has worked perfectly since.

Reactions: Fortnight
Can say that I see popping open a plastic door, removing a card and inserting said card into a read is difficult at all. Takes me about 10 seconds on a slow day. So no issues here.

Pull the card, plug it into the SD reader move the files. Put the card back in the bird and format.

I had the same problem. It's a bad batch of the 16GB Lexar cards they ship with their products, they're too thick. Measure that card with a micrometer, then compare it to basically every other microSD card you have. I had the same issue on my P4 back in December.

Simply buy a different card and you'll be fine. I'd recommend a fast, UHS-II 64GB card. That way you have plenty of space for those occasional very active days filming, and the data transfers to your PC USB3.0 port at 150-300MB/s speeds. It's worth the extra $$ just for the transfer speed of UHS-II -- I plug the adapter with the card in my laptop, and transfer over 10-20GB in a minute or two, instead of 20.

This is the card I have:

71SX1EIQ7LL._SY450_.jpg

$95 at amazon.com.

All is not lost -- the 16GB Lexar is a good card, and it's pretty easy to find another device you use SD cards in that it will fit without issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmoerel
I find it to be a royal PITA to pop the microsd card out.. It is so hard for me to pull out.. Like I need a set of needle nose or something..

Then to put it in the SD Card, then pop it in..

Thinking of at least getting a USB 3.0 microsd card reader but still have to take it out which is the real hard part..

Anyone else have this issue?
OK, you have bad sd card, I had one like that, lightly sanded the sides with .800 and now it just pops into my hand.

Reactions: UnAvoidable Drone
Just pop out SD card into a micro reader then into computer.
Also gives me a reason to rotate my cards.
I'm a believer in several smaller cards in case one of them stops working.

Yea, just realized I wasn't letting it "spring" out enough.. I did it just now and hurried up and moved and it popped all the way out..

Now another question is.. What is everyone's specs to play these files on their computers?

My specs are solid (listed below) but the sumbitch cannot play them smoothly.. Frustrating.. I did have a good video card in this laptop but it crapped the bed and I had to go back to the onboard GPU.. It's not CPU or memory.. I think it may be disk i/o but that's where I'm puzzled.. I copied the .mov file to my SSD and it still studders.. It's only doing reads I don't think it's disk I/O either so I'm really puzzled..

Dell Precision M6600 / Windows 8.1
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Graphics Adapter Description Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
SSD for OS
5200 RPM for Data

SSD Results:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 5.2.1 x64 (C) 2007-2017 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : Crystal Dew World
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 bytes/s [SATA/600 = 600,000,000 bytes/s]
* KB = 1000 bytes, KiB = 1024 bytes

Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) : 483.035 MB/s
Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) : 146.677 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 93.173 MB/s [ 22747.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 97.015 MB/s [ 23685.3 IOPS]
Sequential Read (T= 1) : 383.111 MB/s
Sequential Write (T= 1) : 130.648 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 12.380 MB/s [ 3022.5 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 51.826 MB/s [ 12652.8 IOPS]

Test : 1024 MiB [C: 76.0% (84.7/111.4 GiB)] (x5) [Interval=5 sec]
Date : 2017/06/08 21:52:30

OK, you have bad sd card, I had one like that, lightly sanded the sides with .800 and now it just pops into my hand.

I actually just bought a 64gb off Amazon.. Went out for the second straight today and ran out of space because I forgot to clean off yesterday's.. Was so pissed because it was some cool stuff.. I'm new to the Mavic so I had no idea how to format the card (which I have since figured out).

I actually just bought a 64gb off Amazon.. Went out for the second straight today and ran out of space because I forgot to clean off yesterday's.. Was so pissed because it was some cool stuff.. I'm new to the Mavic so I had no idea how to format the card (which I have since figured out).
Some cards end up with a slight ridge where they are pressed together, and the tolerance in the Mavic card slot is very tight, so the card will stick. I have only had one do this but by sanding it a tiny bit it worked fine. You can format the card both by computer or in the Mavic, easy and fast in the mavic. I remove my card to transfer data as I use USB3 and it is way faster than trying to use the assistant.

Reactions: Islandguy27
Ive transfered files by hooking up a usb directly to the mavic through the access on the opposite side of the body and by removing the card and transferring. It seems faster by removing the card and putting in my pc and transferring

What software are you trying to play with?
Your integrated graphics are too old to support hardware decoding of 4K footage, and most video players can only use one CPU core so won't be able to get enough oomph to decode with just one on your 6-year old CPU.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada