DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How does FCC version work in CE location?

Badgerman26

Reactions
Hi all

I am travelling to US in December from UK And was going to pick up MM combo as it’s a lot cheaper.

Does anyone know how the 5Ghz will work in the UK?

Will it be limited to less than the CE due to no 2.4ghz band?

Thanks in advance

Hi all

I am travelling to US in December from UK And was going to pick up MM combo as it’s a lot cheaper.

Does anyone know how the 5Ghz will work in the UK?

Will it be limited to less than the CE due to no 2.4ghz band?

Thanks in advance
Won’t it be more expensive? DJI products in the US are generally a lot more as they’re having a trade spat so the tariff on Chinese goods are higher.

As for how it will work over here. I’m not sure on the Mini, but on the bigger Wi-Fi drones the gos determines the settIng. So, if I go to the US it automatically switches.
Also, keep in mind you’ll have warranty issues if you import to the UK. See here - Grey Imports: What Are They, And Should You Care? « www.camerapricebuster.co.uk

Reactions: Badgerman26
Won’t it be more expensive? DJI products in the US are generally a lot more as they’re having a trade spat so the tariff on Chinese goods are higher.

As for how it will work over here. I’m not sure on the Mini, but on the bigger Wi-Fi drones the gos determines the settIng. So, if I go to the US it automatically switches.
Also, keep in mind you’ll have warranty issues if you import to the UK. See here - Grey Imports: What Are They, And Should You Care? « www.camerapricebuster.co.uk
Yes. I can get a discount in Apple US which makes the combo £360. Worth it if works OK.

You'll be lmited to CE levels at 5.8ghz which isn't as good as CE @ 2.4ghz. You might save some cash but your drone wont fly out as far when back in the uk.

I know that. Is there any evidence the FCC 5.8 power is reduced when flying in CE to make it less distance than when flying in FCC?
Well, I have a Mavic Air and the 5.8 band is rammed around me with Wi-Fi etc, whereas 2.4 is empty air space, so there’s that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots