DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How does waypoint hyperlapse work?

kem

Reactions
Hello Guys,

Before trying this mode out, I have checked some tutorials, but I did not find answer to my questions.

Does the drone remember the way I flew betwen the waypoints? I mean will it be a "replay" of my exact flight, including altitude, rotation, camera movements or do I control the drone during the waypoint hyperlapse?

Thanks!

yes you can only swing the camera around so much or it wont allow you to add another way point. It is not "exact" but really really close. You are not in control. You can cancel it. Only the waypoints/camera angles are used. What you do between them is irrelevant

Consider waypoints as keyframes. If A has 100 degree orientation and B 200 degree, drone will be at 100 on A an turn on the way to B so that it has 200 when hit B.
What you did inbetween two points is not recorded, only points are recorded
Hello Guys,

Before trying this mode out, I have checked some tutorials, but I did not find answer to my questions.

Does the drone remember the way I flew betwen the waypoints? I mean will it be a "replay" of my exact flight, including altitude, rotation, camera movements or do I control the drone during the waypoint hyperlapse?

Thanks!

Reactions: kem
Thanks! Very helpful comment. I assume that waypoint fligh (with POIs) works on the same way.
Consider waypoints as keyframes. If A has 100 degree orientation and B 200 degree, drone will be at 100 on A an turn on the way to B so that it has 200 when hit B.
What you did inbetween two points is not recorded, only points are recorded

Yes, its the same, but in waypoints mode you can not shoot photos with 2 seconds interval... 5 second interval is the shortest in camera settings, however, there is an app called Redwaypoints that is able to perform 2 seconds interval shooting...
Its a thirdparty app
Thanks! Very helpful comment. I assume that waypoint fligh (with POIs) works on the same way.

I ill take a look. I am more interested in video now. By the way,I have just given a try to waypoint fliggt. I Was in a yellow zone, and it did not allow me to select any waypoints. So disappointing... Is there any workaround? I took off and accepted the blabla...
Yes, its the same, but in waypoints mode you can not shoot photos with 2 seconds interval... 5 second interval is the shortest in camera settings, however, there is an app called Redwaypoints that is able to perform 2 seconds interval shooting...
Its a thirdparty app

Redwaypoints has much more features as DJI GO4 apps waypoints mode - for example in redwaypoints you can choose whether your altitude is related to takeoff spot (DJIGO4 is allways related to takeoff spot) or "abow the terrain" and Redwaypoints (if has the location terrain profile in database) will keep your bird in set altitude above the terrain
And many other great features...
I have never try to fly any waypoints in yellow zone, i cant tell you on this matter

Reactions: kem
Sadly, RedWayPoints is Android-only at the moment anyway. I guess they didn't know that the Mavic 2's are "made for iPhone." <chuckling> For an iOS guy, I have to say, it's nice to hear that Android has a leg up once in awhile.

Well... In my opinion more than 50% of users dont know that its "made for iPhone" and so they use android... Its the same with the cockchafer... Scientist calculated and proved that a cockchafer actually can not fly - it is impossible in terms of physics... But the cockchafer does not know that and so he flyes...
Sadly, RedWayPoints is Android-only at the moment anyway. I guess they didn't know that the Mavic 2's are "made for iPhone." For an iOS guy, I have to say, it's nice to hear that Android has a leg up once in awhile.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr