DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How durable is the Mavic Air 2

Josiah S

Reactions
Hi all. I was wondering how durable is the MA2. I recently purchased one and am wondering. I also have a phantom 3 standard and it has had constant stress crack issues. I am worried that my Mavic will also have stress crack issues. Does this drone have structural issues?? Thanks in advance for your quick helpful responses.

• Wow
Reactions: roger boivin
I've only had mine for a couple months but in general, the Mavics seem to have less issues than the Phantoms, especially the P3s. I had a P3A and it had the cracks, then got a MP and it was fine, but it had another structural weakness in crashes, now I have the MA2 and it seems to be the best I've had yet. Fixed the problems that I knew about on the M1P and from videos I've seen online, it's very sturdy!

No.
I simply posted a search that might be useful to you and hopefully drew your attention to both the site's search function and some threads of interest.
I have no idea of the frequency of the occurence but I did happen to notice a thread about it a while ago hence my knowing of it.

I am sorry. I meant that I would search around to find the answers to my questions and if I still can’t find what I am looking for I will then start a new thread. If I would have searched on here for other threads about this topic I would have found my answer and would have not had to start this thread. I hope you understand what I am trying to tell you.

I hope you understand what I am trying to tell you.
Welcome to the forum, Josiah!

I totally understand where you’re coming from, as one of my first questions here was about the Overexposure Diagonal Bars. Someone posted the search link that showed about 50+ similar queries and the manual download link.

That was my early forum learning experience, so I’ve been using that trusty Search icon every time. Have a great time learning and flying!

And no, I fly my MA2 quite a bit, and I’ve seen no stress cracks or unexplained dents or compression damage.

Had mine almost a year and even banged a few buildings with it - no cracks yet. That being said - if you do crash onto hard surfaces A LOT, then you should expect to have some.

Had mine 11 months give or take with no issues at all, still looks brand
new. Great bit of kit, love mine.

Great. Since i have replaced the shell on the old phantom 3 once already and it already is showing more cracks (I have never crashed it) I was worried the Mavic might have the problems to. I feel much better, thank you. When you spend 800 dollars on a drone it would be a pity when it starts falling apart after 20 hours of flight time. ?

The front arms seem to be a weak point. I got mine in May of last year and I am very careful folding and unfolding the arms. When I went to put on my wrap, I could see very small cracks by the front arms (you really had to get it under a bright light at the correct angle to see them). As I put the wrap on there, I realized that would keep the cracks from propagating for the most part. It wasn't like pulled apart or anything, more like very faint spiderwebs. A lot of people seem to have that same area that is prone to cracking so it may be an issue with some of the molds.

I fly my Mavic a lot but most of is just at home. I think I’ll just leave it unfolded on a table unless I need to take it somewhere. That should put less stress on it I hope.

had mine for a year now and no issues, it has had a few tussles as well.

Hi all. I was wondering how durable is the MA2. I recently purchased one and am wondering. I also have a phantom 3 standard and it has had constant stress crack issues. I am worried that my Mavic will also have stress crack issues. Does this drone have structural issues?? Thanks in advance for your quick helpful responses.
To me it seems the plastic used on phantoms just harder and more brittle

This as a popular topic on another web forum where multiple air 2 owners developed stress cracks on their drones in the same spot. There was a lot of photo evidence backing the claims. DJI didn’t stand behind the drones and wrote it off as misuse despite the user’s saying otherwise.

Had my mavic Pro for strewth 4 years may be more,any ways NO cracks NO stress marks.
Batts, Got three some deal it was with quad. Batt # one102 charges. Batt # two 46,#three 82.
So going buy Pro and Mav 2 Good.

Cheer's Croc

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000