DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How easy is it to switch controller back and forth between two drones?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I've now got a Mini 2 and a Mini 3 Pro. The Mini 3 has the DJI RC controller while the Mini 2 has the "standard" RCN1 controller. While I really like the DJI RC controller, the one feature it lacks is an output to a separate monitor device (phone or tablet). I own DroneMask goggles which don't require a special program for FPV (i.e. Litchi, Maven, DroneVR) and I'd like to occasionally fly FPV with my Mini 3. How much of a pain is it to bind the RCN1 to the Mini 3, then switch it back to the Mini 2? My drones have always been automatically bound to the controller they came with so I've never had to do that.

If there is none of the insurance "binding" suff involved and you are just swapping which controller controls the drone, its VERY easy. All you need to do in "link" the new controller to the drone and that's the job done. Probably 15sec to 20 sec per swap.
If insurance binding is involved then I believe you would need to sever the old bindings (drone to account? * & controller to something) and then make new set of bindings to the new controller and an internet connection is needed for both the severing and the making of new bindings.

* You might get away with just severing the controller / account binding. *

That is in addition to the "linking" stuff.

If there is none of the insurance "binding" suff involved and you are just swapping which controller controls the drone, its VERY easy. All you need to do in "link" the new controller to the drone and that's the job done. Probably 15sec to 20 sec per swap.
If insurance binding is involved then I believe you would need to sever the old bindings (drone to account? * & controller to something) and then make new set of bindings to the new controller and an internet connection is needed for both the severing and the making of new bindings.

* You might get away with just severing the controller / account binding. *

That is in addition to the "linking" stuff.
I'm not sure what you mean by "insurance binding". Are you talking about care/refresh or something else.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e