DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how far can you go with goggles?

KrazyKraut

Reactions
Trying to post this here because I didn't get much in the help forum.
What's the furthest anyone has flown their Mavic with the goggles before losing video feed to the goggles?

I haven't tested *YET* :) but I recently read someone was 1KM out before they started having trouble with their Goggles.

I'm trying to see what actual range I should get with them. I went out just over a mile (around 1.7km) and started losing video. It was line of sight too, open field. It sure would be nice to go further since I had plenty of range left.
Cyberpower678 - could you share your settings or maybe elaborate on what your surroundings were.

I'm trying to see what actual range I should get with them. I went out just over a mile (around 1.7km) and started losing video. It was line of sight too, open field. It sure would be nice to go further since I had plenty of range left.
Cyberpower678 - could you share your settings or maybe elaborate on what your surroundings were.
Standard settings, next to my house flying over trees.

Oddly enough, I was out flying with @Thunderdrones today and I lost signal to the RC before I lost signal with the goggles. :p. While the RC was struggling to remain connected, the Goggles retained a perfect video transmission. It turns out I was flying near some very tall signal towers.

Interesting. Do Goggles and RC operate on the same frequency?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio