DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How fast to charge?

phantomi

Reactions
Hi. It is safe to use a 15 watts or more fast charger to charge the mini?

Should be but if Magic Smoke' comes out then NO.

Reactions: phantomi
The combo comes with an 18W QC rapid charger so yeah. 15W is a bit lower than 18W but that will only add a bit more time to fully charge.

I thought the RC was rapid charge by I did some testing and the LEDs blink the same rate whether I use rapid charge of standard.

The dock charger and the drone itself are QC2.0 compliant meaning they'll take 18w if the charger is happy to give it. I've tested it on a few much larger power supplies (capable of 70w or so over USB) and it'd still max out at 18w.

The combo comes with an 18W QC rapid charger so yeah. 15W is a bit lower than 18W but that will only add a bit more time to fully charge.

I thought the RC was rapid charge by I did some testing and the LEDs blink the same rate whether I use rapid charge of standard.

Yes, that fly more combo was a no brainer, but unfortunately I got the basic package.

The drone supports 18W qc 2 or 3, but the triple battery charging thing can actually handle 24W using qc 3 as far as I know.

I've just bought a QC plug 18W - and when I plug it into the QC USB port the lights flash at a slower rate than when I plug it into the 2.1A port.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that and also whether the blink rate translates to charge speed?

Thanks in advance! :)

I've just bought a QC plug 18W - and when I plug it into the QC USB port the lights flash at a slower rate than when I plug it into the 2.1A port.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that and also whether the blink rate translates to charge speed?

Thanks in advance! :)
From the DJI Charger Manual

"Status LEDs in an array blink
successively (quickly)
The battery in the corresponding battery
port is being charged using a Quick
Charge charger.

Status LEDs in an array blink
successively (slowly)
The battery in the corresponding battery port
is being charged using a normal charger"

Reactions: asz123
From the DJI Charger Manual

"Status LEDs in an array blink
successively (quickly)
The battery in the corresponding battery
port is being charged using a Quick
Charge charger.

Status LEDs in an array blink
successively (slowly)
The battery in the corresponding battery port
is being charged using a normal charger"

Thanks @ff22 !

Don't have the fly more pack, but I think it should apply to what I am seeing as well. Strange that the 2.1A port is faster than the QC port.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada