DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Fragile is the Gimbal?

Odoug04

Reactions
I know that the Mavic Pro is a reasonably durable piece of tech, but how fragile is the gimbal? I feel like if I don’t have the gimbal clamp on then just a sharp jerk, a small knock or placing it on a table to hard will break it somehow. The gimbal just seems like it could get broken so easily but I was wondering if I’m being a little overprotective of it, because it seems to restrict how I use it if I’m constantly being so careful.

It is very flimsy I agree but I did have the Mavic drop out the sky and hit the ground from 15m up and the gimbal was fine still, so it must be a little tougher than it looks and feels. Adding/ removing ND filters still make me cringe pushing against the poor little camera

Reactions: ToddR
Attaching the clamp every time could also lead to problems. I use a lens cleaning cloth inside the clear bubble to secure the gimbal. Always a cloth at hand that way as well.

I'm personally not a fan of the combination cover/clamp. I found it more awkward to attach than the clamp & cover separately. It also doesn't provide as secure a fit as the stock clamp.

I kept the cover part, because it's less fragile than the stock cover, but took the tabs out to use it with the clamp.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada