DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How I almost lost my drone 1 day before Cancun trip...

black_magic100

Reactions
Okay so quick disclaimer, but this happened back in mid-december. I had just bought my mavic a month prior and decided today I was going to go and test out everything and make sure I could fly relatively well. The main point of flying that day was because I was trying to drain my batteries to around 10% before I got on the international flight to cancun. So fast forward to battery #3 and at this point I am just messing around with the settings while my bird is hovering 200 ft in the air about 400 ft away from me. My buddy is right next to me and his mavic was on the ground at the time. Well I looked up at EXACTLY the right second because all of a sudden a saw a bird the size of king kong spread his wings out and extend his claws. Luckily, for whatever reason I was in sports mode and as soon as I saw that I literally just moved my thumbs in any direction possible and the bird missed me by what looked like less than a foot. Because the drone was in sports mode and I whipped it so fast I had convinced myself that the bird did indeed make contact with the drone so I began to freak out because as I said I was leaving the next day and this was literally the reason I had purchased my drone (quick note: I had just bought State Farm PAP the day before and had already received my receipt so I guess I was insured, but **** if that wouldn't look like insurance fraud making a claim hours after getting insurance haha). Anyways, I make it away from the bird but at this point he is between me and the drone and it was a battle for 4-5 minuted trying to get it past him quick enough that I could descend without him swooping in. This was my first experience with a bird and it is safe to say I will not be going back to that park XD

Reactions: joejaxvic123

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji