DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How I Lifted Weight with the Mavic

ebaldestein

Reactions
hello, i know there are some topics about how people lifted weight with their mavic although i wanted to share mine.

this is the first time i’ve ever lifted weight with my drone. i got a string (like the one you use to clean your teeth, very thin) about 20 cm long. in the rear legs of the mavic there is a hole (i’ll post a pic) i made the string pass through it.

i attached a bag to the string and tied it with a knot on the string. inside the bag i putted a lot of keys, a nokia phone and a mavic battery. i have no idea how much all of this weighted. i don’t have a pic sadly. the mavic lifted off! the motors usually spin at around 5000 rpm although with all this load it spin at around 8000-9000 rpm (almost max) but it worked! i reached 50 meters of height and flied 500 meters away without a problem!

just wanted to share this. i don’t have any pic although i’ll post a pic of the rear legs where i attached the string. i don’t recommend doing this frequently since it stresses the motors. i might do it again and if so i’ll post some pic or video. cool though! 650702D4-F3AC-412F-940C-5E8281A3F779-13806-0000035C4208E7B8.jpeg

i attached a bag to the string and tied it with a knot on the string. inside the bag i putted a lot of keys, a nokia phone and a mavic battery. i have no idea how much all of this weighted. i don’t have a pic sadly.
Wait a sec...... you set out to determine lifting capacity and didn't bother to WEIGH what you were lifting or take a photo? Ok......

I saw a YouTube video months ago where the experiment was done with a gram scale and progressively-heavier water weight in a plastic soda bottle. The Mavic finally fell to its knees at about 2.5 lbs load; that seems pretty impressive to me.

Mavics have been shown rescuing Sparks and other Mavics from trees and rooftops, so this isn't completely academic.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Watched a video that the genius pilot attached a water balloon with a string to the mavic and hovered it over the head of someone (presumably wife/girlfriend) and someone popped the balloon.
Seemed sort of funny for about 1 second until the released tension of the string shot the string up (like a rubber band) into the props and instantly dropped the mavic missing the (presumably wife/girlfriend) by inches.
Who am I kidding it was hilarious.

Watched a video that the genius pilot attached a water balloon with a string to the mavic and hovered it over the head of someone (presumably wife/girlfriend) and someone popped the balloon.
Seemed sort of funny for about 1 second until the released tension of the string shot the string up (like a rubber band) into the props and instantly dropped the mavic missing the (presumably wife/girlfriend) by inches.
Who am I kidding it was hilarious.

You got a link?

You got a link?

I looked but did not find it, ran into it when I was just watching random mavic related youtube a few months ago.
Hope someone has a link.
As I think more about it i'm pretty sure it was in a drone crash compilation video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Youser
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada