DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How is your Litchi?

Jostro65

Reactions
Hey all, was looking at trying Litchi for my MA2.
Looking at it was as far as I got, the reviews on play store just now seem pretty poor. As usual, I'm aware more people will go on to leave a poor review when some problem comes up, rather than have no problems and go on to leave a good review, but some of them are close to "drone-killing problems" and I'm not up for putting my drone at risk just to be able to use waypoints....any opinions on it from users?

Looking at it was as far as I got, the reviews on play store just now seem pretty poor. As usual, I'm aware more people will go on to leave a poor review when some problem comes up, rather than have no problems and go on to leave a good review, but some of them are close to "drone-killing problems" and I'm not up for putting my drone at risk just to be able to use waypoints....any opinions on it from users?
I would ignore the reviews because Litchi is a fine, well proven program.
But I wouldn't recommend Litchi to you because it won't work with your MA2 until DJI release an SDK for it to allow 3rd party software developers to create software that works with it.

But I wouldn't recommend Litchi to you because it won't work with your MA2 until DJI release an SDK for it to allow 3rd party software developers to create software that works with it.
I was under the impression that DJI released the SDK around the end of last year, they must have released something as I have Dronelink and it is working fine with the Air 2

I was under the impression that DJI released the SDK around the end of last year, they must have released something as I have Dronelink and it is working fine with the Air 2
There's a list of supported drones right at the top here:

There's a list of supported drones right at the top here:
The last that I heard was that Litchi for the Air 2 was in beta, but there were problems with the SDK. If Dronelink could get a workable product out, they must have had an SDK, so it makes me wonder about Litchi

I use litchi with my mavic pro inspire one and spark fly mostly waypoint missions and i love it becuase i cn lose signal and still get all my footage if i planned the mission right and even when i,ve made one a bit to long the drone cuts the mission off and returns home either way these three drones love coming home and do so 99,9% or tyhe time and the other two times that i had to go get them was caused buy Forgetting to reset the RTH alluituide and the other was late afternoon and the drone was blinded directly into the sun with a mag interference and again pilot erro RTH allituitde I,ve done over a thousand flights mostly waypoint searches and 40 % of them with half the flight lost signal and i always get the footage and the droneand at the end of the year thats alot of footage the drone did on its own with litchi i have been on auto pilot with litchi for five years now and i don,t think there is a better autopilot program out there and it is so easy to use worth every penny and more Airdata UAV|Drone Safety Verified Badge

I use litchi with my mavic pro inspire one and spark fly mostly waypoint missions and i love it becuase i cn lose signal and still get all my footage if i planned the mission right and even when i,ve made one a bit to long the drone cuts the mission off and returns home either way these three drones love coming home and do so 99,9% or tyhe time and the other two times that i had to go get them was caused buy Forgetting to reset the RTH alluituide and the other was late afternoon and the drone was blinded directly into the sun with a mag interference and again pilot erro RTH allituitde I,ve done over a thousand flights mostly waypoint searches and 40 % of them with half the flight lost signal and i always get the footage and the droneand at the end of the year thats alot of footage the drone did on its own with litchi i have been on auto pilot with litchi for five years now and i don,t think there is a better autopilot program out there and it is so easy to use worth every penny and more Airdata UAV|Drone Safety Verified Badge

I've never seen anyone so insistent upon making all of their posts just one run on sentence.

Reactions: mereflyer

DJI released an SDK for the MA2 last December that works fine for 3rd party software that uses virtual stick control. DJI isn't EVER going to release an SDK for the MA2 that allows fully autonomous waypoints ...we know that because they already stated that in a reply to one of the posters here on these forums.

Dronelink and Maven have both released versions that work with the MA2 using virtual sticks. By all accounts Dronelink works fine, and I know from experience that so does Maven. Litchi released a beta version a couple of months ago that also uses virtual sticks, and supposedly that works, but I haven't seen many reports so don't know how well it does.

So if the OP wants to use Litchi with his MA2 he will have to use the beta version, but reportedly it WILL work. Otherwise he can go with either Dronelink or Maven. But if he wants fully autonomous waypoints he's going to have to choose a different drone.

Reactions: Tufargon
DJI released the SDK for the MA2 on Dec 10, 2020. Right now Litchi is available for IOS but still in Beta for Android the last I heard.

Reactions: AZDave
DJI released an SDK for the MA2 last December that works fine for 3rd party software that uses virtual stick control. DJI isn't EVER going to release an SDK for the MA2 that allows fully autonomous waypoints ...we know that because they already stated that in a reply to one of the posters here on these forums.

Dronelink and Maven have both released versions that work with the MA2 using virtual sticks. By all accounts Dronelink works fine, and I know from experience that so does Maven. Litchi released a beta version a couple of months ago that also uses virtual sticks, and supposedly that works, but I haven't seen many reports so don't know how well it does.

So if the OP wants to use Litchi with his MA2 he will have to use the beta version, but reportedly it WILL work. Otherwise he can go with either Dronelink or Maven. But if he wants fully autonomous waypoints he's going to have to choose a different drone.
Maven is available for Android?

Edit: Just checked and it's not. Had my hopes up there. darnit!!

Maven is available for Android?

Edit: Just checked and it's not. Had my hopes up there. darnit!!

No ... sorry, I should have been more clear. Maven only works with iOS. The author has indicated that an Android version is possible for the future, but so far no commitment on if or when. I'm not sure what else is planned for the iOS version, though, now that both fly-to-waypoint and height-above-ground have been implemented, so maybe there is some hope for Android users.

My cell phone is an older Android version that doesn't support even the DJI Fly app, so I bought an iPad 10.2 for $300 for my MA2 that works fine as long as I use some sort of shroud in bright conditions. Even with 500 nits and an anti-glare covering the screen suffers in the Arizona sunlight.

Reactions: Tufargon
No ... sorry, I should have been more clear. Maven only works with iOS. The author has indicated that an Android version is possible for the future, but so far no commitment on if or when. I'm not sure what else is planned for the iOS version, though, now that both fly-to-waypoint and height-above-ground have been implemented, so maybe there is some hope for Android users.

My cell phone is an older Android version that doesn't support even the DJI Fly app, so I bought an iPad 10.2 for $300 for my MA2 that works fine as long as I use some sort of shroud in bright conditions. Even with 500 nits and an anti-glare covering the screen suffers in the Arizona sunlight.
Yes, I have read of that with Maven in the past. I just thought maybe I missed the Android release lol.

I had a close friend tell me there where other keys on the typewriter capitol letters periods and ways to break up a sentence but juxt never had time for that don,t read it if you cant sorry

I am Part 107 for 3 years and I have been flying a Mavic Pro with Android and Litchi.
One of my ongoing jobs is a construction project where I am documenting progress. A home being built in Beverly Hills.
The first shoot was in late 2018 and it's still not done. Here's a video of the progress from last summer:
I depend on Litchi Waypoints to provide consistent flight profiles week after month after year for this and other projects.

I use Litchi for most things especially waypoints. The one area that doesn't work well is the active track or follow. For that I use the DJI app. I LOVE the Litchi for waypoints because your drone doesn't have to be on to program it. I can program at more casual speed and any location prior to the flight. The best is to use both apps doing what they do best

Reactions: iflyrc
I am Part 107 for 3 years and I have been flying a Mavic Pro with Android and Litchi.
One of my ongoing jobs is a construction project where I am documenting progress. A home being built in Beverly Hills.
The first shoot was in late 2018 and it's still not done. Here's a video of the progress from last summer:
I depend on Litchi Waypoints to provide consistent flight profiles week after month after year for this and other projects.
So cool. Really, Really nice job!! Nice castle too...lol

I don't know which features are supported by the MA2 but my Litchi gets a 9 out of 10 for pre-programmed missions. I wish I had a little more programming control over the camera during the flight path.

Here's a video I did with quite a bit of Litchi programming from the 1:24 start point. A lot was manual too, but the Litchi integrated very nicely. the orbits and I think the up and backwards were Litchi. I couldn't find the one project I did that was all Litchi pre-programmed.

The cool thing about Litchi is that you can plan missions from home on your computer and test them virtually and tweak them before you get on site.

I don't know which features are supported by the MA2 but my Litchi gets a 9 out of 10 for pre-programmed missions. I wish I had a little more programming control over the camera during the flight path.

Here's a video I did with quite a bit of Litchi programming from the 1:24 start point. A lot was manual too, but the Litchi integrated very nicely. the orbits and I think the up and backwards were Litchi. I couldn't find the one project I did that was all Litchi pre-programmed.

The cool thing about Litchi is that you can plan missions from home on your computer and test them virtually and tweak them before you get on site.
The architecture begged for your closing shot pulling away from the top. Beautiful.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+