DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How likely is the mavic to fail and fall?

avillax

Reactions
I ask this question because my girl is using the Mavic to film me while surfing, we have the notion that the mavic is pretty well built.
Sometimes we get a wind message saying strong wind fly with caution. What could happen?

I ask this question because my girl is using the Mavic to film me while surfing, we have the notion that the mavic is pretty well built.
Sometimes we get a wind message saying strong wind fly with caution. What could happen?

It's extremely unlikely.
However every Maverick made will eventually fail if flown long enough.
Man-made machines like this always have a failing point.

As long as she doesn't do a CSC or accidentally fly it into a wave or the water everything should be fine (assuming all other non-stick command functions are working fine). I've flown over the water many times and the only time I nearly lost the drone was because I wasn't paying attention to my altitude, just the subject, and nearly flew it right into the water.

The chances of a Mavic falling from the sky for unknown reasons are less than 1%, I did a poll, then investigated the incidents, and most people who claim it just fell from the sky, did either not have their props properly attached, or their battery not latched in.

Poll: Has your Mavic fallen from the sky for unknown reasons?

Wow, you guys have done a great job of helping the OP!

Reactions: Former Member
I saw a report last week somewhere on this forum where the pilot suddenly lost video and lost communication at the same time. No warning, and no problems with control. My (and others) speculations included sudden and total electrical failure, such as might happen with a wiring fault or a battery coming off.

If that was indeed what happened, I expect the drone would free-fall. But no one knows what really happened, and I saw only one report of this kind.

I saw a report last week somewhere on this forum where the pilot suddenly lost video and lost communication at the same time. No warning, and no problems with control. My (and others) speculations included sudden and total electrical failure, such as might happen with a wiring fault or a battery coming off.

If that was indeed what happened, I expect the drone would free-fall. But no one knows what really happened, and I saw only one report of this kind.

It's all speculation until the post mortem, if the carcass is/was recovered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929