DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How long shall a Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Or Mavic 2 Last? Without any Crash of course!

AbUAVdC

Reactions
I have 2 months old Mavic Pro. I really don’t have any idea until when it will last without any crash? I just hope the price worth it to enjoy each flight a longer time. :)

Years. I think it's been 4-5 years since I got my Phantom P3P and it's still going strong (the one I didn't lose in the sea, that is -- I had two). The batteries are still good too.

It will depend a lot of factors, like how much down time you have per year due to weather. I am just below the N48th parallel, so I don't fly much in the winter. But if you're much closer to the equator, you may get in more hours per year than I do. You also may take hiatus periods that have nothing to do with weather (job, life, etc.).

The batteries have a finite life, so follow the recommendations re: storage that you keep reading about here to extend their life.

Other things wear out too, such as the motors, especially if you fly in a dusty / dirty environment. Replace props when they're damaged.

So if you keep replacing batteries and motors, it could last a very long time.

Anecdote: I was flying on a jetliner once and wondered aloud how old the plane was. The guy next to me knew the aircraft type and typical maintenance and said something like "It's old enough that critical parts such as the engines and landing gear have all been replaced. The fuselage, on the other hand, could be very old". That made me worry.

Chris

PS The DJI Phantom 3 ACs had problems with shell cracks (early shells were replaced free of charge, but older ones still had issues). I have mine touched up with super-glue at points that display stress-crack growth. I have not heard that the Mavic has that kind of problem though.

Reactions: Wilbur and AbUAVdC
Other things wear out too, such as the motors, especially if you fly in a dusty / dirty environment. Replace props when they're damaged.

How can I tell if a motor is on its way out before it fails on me ?

Years. I think it's been 4-5 years since I got my Phantom P3P and it's still going strong (the one I didn't lose in the sea, that is -- I had two). The batteries are still good too.
Thanks. That’s a relief ?
It will depend a lot of factors, like how much down time you have per year due to weather. I am just below the N48th parallel, so I don't fly much in the winter. But if you're much closer to the equator, you may get in more hours per year than I do. You also may take hiatus periods that have nothing to do with weather (job, life, etc.).

The batteries have a finite life, so follow the recommendations re: storage that you keep reading about here to extend their life.

Anecdote: I was flying on a jetliner once and wondered aloud how old the plane was. The guy next to me knew the aircraft type and typical maintenance and said something like "It's old enough that critical parts such as the engines and landing gear have all been replaced. The fuselage, on the other hand, could be very old". That made me worry.

Chris

PS The DJI Phantom 3 ACs had problems with shell cracks (early shells were replaced free of charge, but older ones still had issues). I have mine touched up with super-glue at points that display stress-crack growth. I have not heard that the Mavic has that kind of problem though.

Generally, This is a very appreciable answer! Thanks Brother

How can I tell if a motor is on its way out before it fails on me ?
That is a question I like to know the answer to. What is the average life span of the motor if ran for 1 hour a day everyday.

I've got Phantom 3(Pro, and Standard) with many hours of flight on them. I think the last I checked one of them had over 500 hours of flight time and many MANY miles traveled (flying itself not just in my car).

My Mavic Pro Platinum currently has 235 hours of logged flight time. Still on original everything . . . YMMV

That is a question I like to know the answer to. What is the average life span of the motor if ran for 1 hour a day everyday.
I think, this is something from a DJI manufacturing team should answer this questions.
There should be a life span when to replaced the motor, or at least a running hours.
The propellers are easily identified visually.
Maybe someone already from this forum did some motor replacements?
We would be very glad to know.

I've got Phantom 3(Pro, and Standard) with many hours of flight on them. I think the last I checked one of them had over 500 hours of flight time and many MANY miles traveled (flying itself not just in my car).

My Mavic Pro Platinum currently has 235 hours of logged flight time. Still on original everything . . . YMMV
This is something interesting!
235 hours is a good start for counting.
If you’re flying everyday for 1 hour, That’s almost 8 months. Make it every other day at the same time doubles.
Nice ?

This is something interesting!
235 hours is a good start for counting.
If you’re flying everyday for 1 hour, That’s almost 8 months. Make it every other day at the same time doubles.
Nice [emoji106]

Keep in mind I’m very meticulous with my aircraft. I do daily and monthly inspections and other than Emergency Services operations I fly very conservatively. They are always Store them properly and give them lots of care and attention.

Great question. I am a new Mavic Air owner and would like to know.

It should be easily answered by flight hours, not months or years in age. Number of hours is the odometer of aircraft. And yes, just like big aircraft there should be a service life for each component. This should be published by DJI.

I would certainly like to know the manufacturer's service limit in hours for the parts. Example- if the propellers have a service limit of 200 hours then I certainly would replace the $25 parts at that interval and avoid losing or destroying a $1000+ craft because the propellers looked good to the naked eye. (Stress cracks can be invisible to the naked eye)

DJI do you have this data available?

Reactions: AbUAVdC

Just like a motor that have a max running hours before it send for reconditioning.
Drone motors probably have too.
This is now a question for Manufacturer. For how many hours should a Mavic Drone Motor last?
Some owners are lucky enough to reach years and over enjoying their Aircraft given excitement.

My Mavic Pro is now 30 months old and still flying perfectly, mostly with Litchi.

This Aircraft will certainly fall down anytime if motors fails or stop running without warnings.
Preventive maintenance, Runnjng hours pr life span of this electrical components should be set against proven test!
What do you suggest?

Great question. I am a new Mavic Air owner and would like to know.

It should be easily answered by flight hours, not months or years in age. Number of hours is the odometer of aircraft. And yes, just like big aircraft there should be a service life for each component. This should be published by DJI.

I would certainly like to know the manufacturer's service limit in hours for the parts. Example- if the propellers have a service limit of 200 hours then I certainly would replace the $25 parts at that interval and avoid losing or destroying a $1000+ craft because the propellers looked good to the naked eye. (Stress cracks can be invisible to the naked eye)

DJI do you have this data available?

Great question, but asked in the wrong forum. This forum isn't ran by DJI. For that you will need to go to the DJI website.

Great question, but asked in the wrong forum. This forum isn't ran by DJI. For that you will need to go to the DJI website.
It IS a good question, and should probably be in the general discussion forum to get more thoughts. DJI’s forum isn’t the right one though because I’d bet my next 4 paychecks they’d never answer it.

Reactions: irpnetgb

500 hours on a P3... 235 hours on a Mavic Pro Platinum... those are both incredible for original motors. This gives me a lot of hope for my M2Z. Flying and flying and flying!

Reactions: AbUAVdC and BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird