DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many crashed has your drone experienced?

bimmer7

Reactions
My short story is 5 times.

When I first got my Mavic, it flipped twice at about 4 feet high because I did not tighten one of the propellers. Then one time, I clipped a branch while landing and the Mavic fell from about 12 feet high. Camera replaced. Then one more flip fall because of a propeller mishap at 4 feet. The last crash was a broken propeller blade from about 30 ft. Hit the roof of a house and fumbled to the ground from about 25 ft. Nothing broken but a small led rear lens and the air intake grille bend that prevented the fan from cooling the drone. (all fixed). The Mavic is still operational and flying on 2 deflated batteries and 1 normal battery all about 3 years old. I don't have as much confident in it as before. :oops:

Once. I took my eyes off my Mini 2 for a few seconds when it was about 10 feet off the ground. It drifted into a shrub (I may have bumped the stick), decided a motor was jammed, shut down and fell to the ground. Unfortunately on the ground under the shrub was a rock. Gimbal broke. Expensive repair. Lesson learned.

Current drone(MA2), once. ActiveTrack lost me while biking, and for some inexplicable reason decided to turn 90 degrees and fly sideways into a tree after hovering for a while. (!!)
Previous drones(P3A, 2 M1Ps)... too many times!! All sorts of crazy things. 😂

I’m ready for the Olympic’s of drone crashing 😁
I'm right there with you, Gagey--a fellow competitor in this Olympics, if not a medalist.

Am also a hang glider pilot, and have crashed those too. Crashing drones, by comparison, is a much lower-key way of learning. None of my drone crashes has bruised my knee or given me sore muscles for a few days. And no drone crash of mine has birthed a story that starts, "There I was, thought I was gonna die. . . ."

Reactions: Gagey52 and Droniac
Yes I do the same thing, my heart hit my throat when my buddy's German shepherd came out of no where and nipped my drone, since then I make sure their are no K9 threats when I fly.

Reactions: Droniac
Like an old favorite car, I'm experiencing more electronic glitches or bleeps (typically fix with a reset so far). Yet, I'm always thinking about that one final day when I will not see the drone ever again. It's the feeling of the inevitable pain that's to come, but you done know when.

My short story is 5 times.

When I first got my Mavic, it flipped twice at about 4 feet high because I did not tighten one of the propellers. Then one time, I clipped a branch while landing and the Mavic fell from about 12 feet high. Camera replaced. Then one more flip fall because of a propeller mishap at 4 feet. The last crash was a broken propeller blade from about 30 ft. Hit the roof of a house and fumbled to the ground from about 25 ft. Nothing broken but a small led rear lens and the air intake grille bend that prevented the fan from cooling the drone. (all fixed). The Mavic is still operational and flying on 2 deflated batteries and 1 normal battery all about 3 years old. I don't have as much confident in it as before. :oops:
Dang. I love pilot transparency. Sorry bout the crashes. Master screw blades on the way to you. Lol. I stay far away from trees, towers, buildings, glad not much cable above. If there was a barn I’d prolly hit it. Nice open local unattended fields and good altitude along with pre allocated repair funds keep me in the air. Thanks for sharing. Oh. Thrice. 2 minor. One gimbal. 🤷🏻 Flysafe. Keep flying and Godspeed Droniac

I'm right there with you, Gagey--a fellow competitor in this Olympics, if not a medalist.

Am also a hang glider pilot, and have crashed those too. Crashing drones, by comparison, is a much lower-key way of learning. None of my drone crashes has bruised my knee or given me sore muscles for a few days. And no drone crash of mine has birthed a story that starts, "There I was, thought I was gonna die. . . ."
Point taken, here. In fact, sobering. Always wanted to hang glide. I figure if my hobby’s make me look up as opposed to down, I’m buying some time. Flysafe. Godspeed Droniac

Reactions: Jubjub Bird
Like an old favorite car, I'm experiencing more electronic glitches or bleeps (typically fix with a reset so far). Yet, I'm always thinking about that one final day when I will not see the drone ever again. It's the feeling of the inevitable pain that's to come, but you done know when.
Oh my. Your speaking my heart. And occasionally the lump in my throat. Fun thread. I feel so understood. Lol. Thanks for sharing that. Godspeed and safe no fumble flights. Droniac

Reactions: bimmer7
First time my mini lost reception and return to home had it rising to 30 ft but there was a tree above it … second time it lostreception and ended up upside down beside a road ( broken gimbal and $260 replacement ) Currently in its box wth a broken gimbal coz I accidentally backed into a tree at 20 ft and it fell to the ground. No money. To repair it the moment 😭

My wife will let me buy a motorcycle before she let me touch a hang glider. o_O

Been flying since 2014 and not one crash or broken part.

Shocking!

"If it's not broke, you're not trying!" -- Red Green

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio