Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Many Have Lost their Mavic Pro Platinum This Year 2018

How Many Have Lost their Mavic Pro Platinum This Year 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silver Surfer

Reactions
I lost my on December 31, 2017... It's under investigation since 04 January 2018... Cause unknown, definitely not pilot error. I am still waiting to hear from DJI. :(

Last edited:
I lost my on December 31, 2018... It's under investigation since 04 January 2018... Cause unknown, definitely not pilot error. I am still waiting to hear from DJI. :(
its always very rare that its pilot error but ill likely be the one to break that record.

Reactions: Silver Surfer
i just did the latest firmware update v4 1.22 3037 and after saying it was ready i flew for maybe 5 minutes and the drone fell out of the sky, damage to gimbal and one arm. It is now unflyable, ill call dji on monday and see if my extended warranty will cover it. Since posting this, I went back on my logs and now see that "motor current error, check your propellers and fly with caution" was coming up, many times in the 3 minute flight but I didn't see it, since I was looking at the drone. Wonder why I didn't get a loud audio alert for this? Anyway, so this is more info for you guys. Do you think this is warranty or I have to use my insurance to cover the damage

Last edited:
i just did the latest firmware update and after saying it was ready i flew for maybe 5 minutes and the drone fell out of the sky, damage to gimbal and one arm. It is now unflyable, ill call dji on monday and see if my extended warranty will cove it
Keep us posted. I dont like the sound of this one. You may have lost a prop or battery was not locked...

Reactions: BIGLUG24
its always very rare that its pilot error but ill likely be the one to break that record.
I was flying my Mavic Platinum in a very open area with no electrical towers or any interference what so ever at approx 121ft in VLOS. Then I get a warning stating RC Interference fly wit caution, so I hit the RTH button and I wait for my drone to come home. The Mavic Platinum never came back. It had never happened before. This was the third time up that day and I had updated the firmware to the latest DJI Go-4 v4.1.22 update. So it worked well the first two times then it glitched. Go figure [emoji34]
What happend?

Thanks wytnyt, error corrected[emoji12]
I was flying my Mavic Platinum in a very open area with no electrical towers or any interference what so ever at approx 121ft in VLOS. Then I get a warning stating RC Interference fly wit caution, so I hit the RTH button and I wait for my drone to come home. The Mavic Platinum never came back. It had never happened before. This was the third time up that day and I had updated the firmware to the latest DJI Go-4 v4.1.22 update. So it worked well the first two times then it glitched. Go figure

I was flying my Mavic Platinum in a very open area with no electrical towers or any interference what so ever at approx 121ft in VLOS. Then I get a warning stating RC Interference fly wit caution, so I hit the RTH button and I wait for my drone to come home. The Mavic Platinum never came back. It had never happened before. This was the third time up that day and I had updated the firmware to the latest DJI Go-4 v4.1.22 update. So it worked well the first two times then it glitched. Go figure [emoji34]

Dude, you went a year into the future and lost your drone?

Sorry, couldn't resist your typo. :)

Mark
Error corrected [emoji12] I was flying my Mavic Platinum in a very open area with no electrical towers or any interference what so ever at approx 121ft in VLOS. Then I get a warning stating RC Interference fly wit caution, so I hit the RTH button and I wait for my drone to come home. The Mavic Platinum never came back. It had never happened before. This was the third time up that day and I had updated the firmware to the latest DJI Go-4 v4.1.22 update. So it worked well the first two times then it glitched. Go figure

What happend?
I was flying my Mavic Platinum in a very open area with no electrical towers or any interference what so ever at approx 121ft in VLOS. Then I get a warning stating RC Interference fly wit caution, so I hit the RTH button and I wait for my drone to come home. The Mavic Platinum never came back. It had never happened before. This was the third time up that day and I had updated the firmware to the latest DJI Go-4 v4.1.22 update. So it worked well the first two times then it glitched. Go figure[emoji34]
Dude, you went a year into the future and lost your drone?

Sorry, couldn't resist your typo. :)

Mark

Reactions: beinhart
I was flying my Mavic Platinum in a very open area with no electrical towers or any interference what so ever at approx 121ft in VLOS. Then I get a warning stating RC Interference fly wit caution, so I hit the RTH button and I wait for my drone to come home. The Mavic Platinum never came back. It had never happened before. This was the third time up that day and I had updated the firmware to the latest DJI Go-4 v4.1.22 update. So it worked well the first two times then it glitched. Go figure

I've seen this once before also. Flying at 375'. Horizontal speed was 0 after the drone initially started RTH. I got concerned and took over manual control and flew it back. After and landing and looking at the logs it reported an obstacle and was then going to try to avoid it. There was nothing near the drone at that altitude. Not sure why that happened but I did have a CPL filter on at the time.

I've seen this once before also. Flying at 375'. Horizontal speed was 0 after the drone initially started RTH. I got concerned and took over manual control and flew it back. After and landing and looking at the logs it reported an obstacle and was then going to try to avoid it. There was nothing near the drone at that altitude. Not sure why that happened but I did have a CPL filter on at the time.

Don't think a CPL filter would affect obstacle avoidance. Since the filter is on your camera and Obstacle Avoidance would be detected by the 2 sensors on the front of the done.

Reactions: dvarapala
Don't think a CPL filter would affect obstacle avoidance. Since the filter is on your camera and Obstacle Avoidance would be detected by the 2 sensors on the front of the done.

I thought the visual senor(camera) was also used. But now I can't find where I thought I read that on the DJI site. I must have misread this somewhere.

Aliens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato