DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many Mavic 2 how you gone through. Be Honest.

MavicFT1P

Reactions
Crash incidents, writeoffs, DJI refreshed or into the Sunset?

Mavic 2 was a New drone, with new hardware, firmware, setttings and quirks (im guessing).
So no matter how good a Flyer you are, you are Human and if I've nothing else to go by, there are
a lot of I crashed/lost my Mavic 2 today Threads.

I havn't kept tabs on them, but they either Refreshed, Fixed through Thunder/other DJI repairers, or bit the bullet
and got another. And good for you if you did.

So in that spirit. I am curious;
How many of you have had to come to the Aid of your Mavic 2

Originally purchased zoom and pro.
Still intact. (both)

Bought my first DJI product around 2011 It was a phantom 1 and I immediately started building drones shortly after that. I did all my crashing in my early years with my homebuilt drones. I crashed and rebuilt a flame wheel 450 and a Tarot 680 more times than I care to remember. I got my first Mavic not long after they came out, I'm on my 3rd one and I have never had even the slightest problem. I don't do anything too risky and I don't try to fly out too far, I don't think I have ever gone more than a mile out. I would be stunned if I had a fly away or unexplained crash. My history so far has been nothing but positive.

Yes- there do seem to be a lot of "crashed mavic" type threads. They don't seem to suggest there is a high likelihood of product failure though. It is in our nature to try and find a way to bring an issue within the terms or warranty coverage and probably even more so to point the finger at anything other than accepting/admitting an outcome might be our fault. Thats just the way it is.

You might reconsider what the mavic crash threads really tell us about DJI hardware/software issues. It is probably only those that include actual flight log data for analysis that might be relied on to give any sort of reliable indication of to what extent product failure is likely.

I have had more than a few close calls with the 5 DJI drones I have (including a mavic2P) which have all been down to my pushing my luck or making poor judgements. None have crashed.

Reactions: Thomas B
No crashes with my M2P. Had it about 6 months and about 15-20 batteries used per week. Very dependable.

As pointed out about, most posts in this area are those with problem. Flight records are showing 99%+ are pilot error.

No crashes with my M2P. Had it about 6 months and about 15-20 batteries used per week. Very dependable.

As pointed out about, most posts in this area are those with problem. Flight records are showing 99%+ are pilot error.

You minunderstand WithTheBirds and Thomas B. Im not questioning DJI's product Quality. Mavic 1 crashes were %95 pilot erroraswell. I know that.

I'm not necessarily questioning Pilot skill's either.
If you cant admit things outside of your control happen, then maybe this isn't the thread for you.
Overconfidence is dangerous when Flying, You Rec pilots know this.

But since where on the ground, and it's beer time Ok..
If not writeoff/replacements, how about y'all tell me stories about how you came close and handled the situation like a Boss?

You minunderstand WithTheBirds and Thomas B. Im not questioning DJI's product Quality. Mavic 1 crashes were %95 pilot erroraswell. I know that.

I'm not necessarily questioning Pilot skill's either.
If you cant admit things outside of your control happen, then maybe this isn't the thread for you.
Overconfidence is dangerous when Flying, You Rec pilots know this.

But since where on the ground, and it's beer time Ok..
If not writeoff/replacements, how about y'all tell me stories about how you came close and handled the situation like a Boss?
Understand now... I already had beer! Thumbswayup

Have had close calls of course. Most notably related to slow flight beneath bridges.

Ok.... seems like a poorly worded question given the required clarification.

I have had zero issues with my Mavic2 and all issues that related to other DJI drones and model AC were misjudging clearances, birdstrikes, poor judgement of battery capacity and/or prevailing wind or just pushing my luck generally.

I see the people who have crashed/lost a m2 aren't flocking to this thread as would be ideal
That or people are being completely upfront as usual.
The same as their Drone is always in VLOS ;)

Last edited:
I have never crashed my M2P but it is in for service for the second time.
First one, firmware bricked and they sent me a new drone.
New drone came with bad camera, sent back for service.
May be receiving third M2P......

I see the people who never crashed a drone aren't flocking to this thread as hoped.
That or people are being completely upfront as usual.The same as their Drone is always in VLOS ;)
Given the question was how many Mavics have people gone through you shouldn’t be expecting many who haven’t crashed? To be clear- your looking for people with glitches or other non pilot related issues?

Given the question was how many Mavics have people gone through you shouldn’t be expecting many who haven’t crashed? To be clear- your looking for people with glitches or other non pilot related issues?

My bad, I meant people who have crashed. Edited above

Not everyone with a DJI Drone is a Rec Pilot who flys Drones on the side.
Some people paid $1500 for a drone and want to fly the shirt out of it, get there moneys worth.
And not everyone with a Mavic 2 had a Mavic 1, so im nudging at late adopter incidents aswell.

If you say you've never had a close call with your First Mavic, your likely kidding us/yourself

Losing a Drone because you were pushing it, doesn't make you an irresponsible Flyer.
it's your drone to lose.

But im not getting at that either. Im simply curious how much $$$ (time if you like) members
have devoted to "mavic 2" as an exercise.

Hint: I dont have $1500 to spend on a new one!

Last edited:
Reactions: WithTheBirds
I still have my original Mavic 1 pro and Mavic 2 pro.

The only iffy episode I've had was when my Mavic 1 Pro went into atti mode on a windy day however I knew of the issue and the Mavic was within VLOS so I was able to land it before it became a problem. I found reading through crash threads was very useful to understand what went wrong and how to avoid it myself in future.

I purchased an M2P at the end of May and ended up also purchasing another M2P body and M2Z gimble. I'm waiting on the body to arrive. I'll add the gimble when it gets here and see how they work. It has refresh until the end of they year however I suspect that has been voided by the addition of the Zoom gimble. So one is alive and one is a Franken!!!

I purchased the M2P and FlyMore kit in April. To date I have roughly 12 hours of flight time total. I've been flying RC aircraft (fixed wing or other) for roughly 35 years. I'm also a hobby photographer and wanted a mobile tripod, so to speak. Given my background in RC flying, the M2P feels rock solid to me. I've never flown any aircraft where I've had the kind of stability and control of the M2P. I can literally land within an inch or less of where I intended under complete control in any of the flight modes. I've never even come remotely close to crashing it and baring some kind of electrical failure or bug in the firmware, I think it's highly unlikely I'll have an issue.

I purchased the M2P and FlyMore kit in April. To date I have roughly 12 hours of flight time total. I've been flying RC aircraft (fixed wing or other) for roughly 35 years. I'm also a hobby photographer and wanted a mobile tripod, so to speak. Given my background in RC flying, the M2P feels rock solid to me. I've never flown any aircraft where I've had the kind of stability and control of the M2P. I can literally land within an inch or less of where I intended under complete control in any of the flight modes. I've never even come remotely close to crashing it and baring some kind of electrical failure or bug in the firmware, I think it's highly unlikely I'll have an issue.
Let me guess- the first time you flew a DJI drone you had difficulty not laughing? That was certainly my experience. In comparison to the available RC flying offerings from the not so distant past the DJI drones require almost no skill to fly.

If your intent was to pursue the hobby of flying RC helicopters you needed to invest significantly more than the cost of a Mavic2 to get your first model in the air and you needed to spend considerable time learning how to fly and practicing just to hover. The RC hell's required constant stick inputs just to maintain a stable hover. One mistake and you had a maximum of three opportunities to recover and a total of about 20sec before it was all over. And when they crash its usually a costly proposition to repair and NO WARRANTY for cash damage. No flight logs and almost impossible to argue with individual component suppliers it was failure of their product.

All the current DJI offerings are ridiculously easy to fly and require zero skill (compared to other RC offerings).

Provided people don't get overconfident early on and take the time to learn the app settings and appreciate what can go wrong and how to deal with it crashes should be rare. It seems crashes are rare having regard to the number of issues reported on the forums.

Let me guess- the first time you flew a DJI drone you had difficulty not laughing? That was certainly my experience. In comparison to the available RC flying offerings from the not so distant past the DJI drones require almost no skill to fly.

If your intent was to pursue the hobby of flying RC helicopters you needed to invest significantly more than the cost of a Mavic2 to get your first model in the air and you needed to spend considerable time learning how to fly and practicing just to hover. The RC hell's required constant stick inputs just to maintain a stable hover. One mistake and you had a maximum of three opportunities to recover and a total of about 20sec before it was all over. And when they crash its usually a costly proposition to repair and NO WARRANTY for cash damage. No flight logs and almost impossible to argue with individual component suppliers it was failure of their product.

All the current DJI offerings are ridiculously easy to fly and require zero skill (compared to other RC offerings).

Provided people don't get overconfident early on and take the time to learn the app settings and appreciate what can go wrong and how to deal with it crashes should be rare. It seems crashes are rare having regard to the number of issues reported on the forums.

More like stunned silence followed by quickly flipping it into sport mode just to see what it was capable of. Orientation is about the only skill that could take some learning on the M2P.

Remember the old training rigs for gas helicopters with the giant balls to prevent crashing?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS