DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much is a Mavic 1 worth?

niclariv

Reactions
I recently upgraded to a Mini 3 Pro. I’d like to sell my Mavic 1, ideally locally, but so far interest has been minimal from facebook marketplace, Craigslist, etc.

The drone is in 100% perfect condition - I’ve been super careful with it. Comes with 2 batteries, a 3D printed adapter so you can use a tablet with the remote, polarizing filters, the charging hub, charger, original box.

The remote is missing the 5D button (that little button to the left of the right stick). It came off in the case. Didn’t bother me when it happened because I barely use that button - everything it did could also be done from the phone or mapped to other buttons. Newer controllers dont have that button at all.

The only person I had come look at it offered me only $300 (Canadian), and then complained about the clicking noise it makes - it’s always made that noise, I’m 100% sure it’s normal for a Mavic 1 to make a steady clicking sound. What it is I’ve never bothered to find out. He also tried to talk me down even further based on the number of battery cycles saying it’s a lot - only 54 and 55. There’s no way that is a lot! I’d say that’s not much at all. There was a lot of time over the years I just didn’t have time to fly the drone, hence the low charge counts.

So what is this worth these days? Specify currency please - I’m in Canada but tell me in US if you like and I’ll convert it. I’d listed it for $450 (Canadian). I think it’s still a great drone. Here’s some footage from my travels with it -

I’m in Victoria, BC. If anyone wants to make me an offer let me know!

Look at completed AUCTIONs on ebay for your country, note auctions not BINs or fixed price sales.

Reactions: Kilrah
The click is normal and is from the ultrasonic height sensor.

Sold one for about US$300 here a month or so ago.

Yeah it's still good but it's also 6 years old, finding good batteries can become a challenge that will limit the life you can still get out of it, and when you can buy a used modern aircraft that's as good or better for a similar price interest is going to be low.

I would pay $300 US for it. I'm near Atlant GA though. Shipping? That about $411 Canadian?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
finding good batteries can become a challenge

Batteries for the M1P / MPP (and numerous other redundant models) are back in the DJI store . . .

Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight Battery - DJI Mobile Online Store (United States)

A good offer above from @Possums
Sadly although it's still a great drone etc, it is outdated, but many still love them, me included.
Not sure I could ever part with it, or even WANT to upgrade.
So many good things still about the first really advanced consumer drone on the market.

You showed some good footage and seem to have had even more fun out of your Mini 1 than I have. I'm too looking to get a Mini 3 - and this very morning I gave my old, beloved Mini 1 to a friend - for nothing, hoping that he gets as much fun from it as I did. Bearing in mind the age, I think you're hoping for far too much for something that old (unfortunately a trait that many Americans have I've found, of getting maximum income for something).

Give it away - and the feeling of kindness you feel will be far greater than getting the 'extra penny.'

After getting my Mavic 3 I gave mine to my son-in-law who always wanted a drone but couldn’t justify the cost. The only issue has been that it doesn’t seem to work with Android so he will need to find an older iPhone to run it or I will need to give him my XR when I upgrade. It has been a great drone for backpacking with its small size.

hell i use three M1P,s batteries are not that hard to find , and with Litchi they are rock solid flyers good range,Granted they don,t have the camera 2 and 3 have they are inexpensive to keep in the air but when used in searching the video picture is good enough to find another lets say drone from 75 feet up , ebay you,ll be lucky to find one for three hundred that isn,t working 450 for drone alone New M1P fly more1300- platinum fly more as much as 1800 ,May be there collectors items lol I really don,t want to have to pay that much for a working class drone but if you decide to sell for 3 let me know please I,ll leave a tip

I have 2 of the M1P's and a total of 10 batteries (13 if you include the swollen ones). I have also used the NLD software on both. I hadnt flown in some time so yesterday I charged up a couple of batteries and took "orange julious" out for a flight. it felt good and it flew awesome. flew both of the charged batteried down to 55% and then put it up. Now that the weather is cooling off (under 95F) i will start flying more often.

Early reports of blades hitting the body with mm1..clicking noise. Marks on the body will confirm. Stiffening of front motor arms was solution. Sold my fly more mini 1 for $300us 2 yrs ago. A few newer mini models since.

This may sound crazy but I think our drones start to have a bit of sentimental value to us.
Maybe some day we can create a Kelly blue book kind of system for used drones?

Good luck to you! And that was very nice video!

LOL YOU COULD BE RIGHT , and they have names mavics work hard for me but my inspire 1 is sircrashalot

Reactions: dozzn
I recently upgraded to a Mini 3 Pro. I’d like to sell my Mavic 1, ideally locally, but so far interest has been minimal from facebook marketplace, Craigslist, etc.

The drone is in 100% perfect condition - I’ve been super careful with it. Comes with 2 batteries, a 3D printed adapter so you can use a tablet with the remote, polarizing filters, the charging hub, charger, original box.

The remote is missing the 5D button (that little button to the left of the right stick). It came off in the case. Didn’t bother me when it happened because I barely use that button - everything it did could also be done from the phone or mapped to other buttons. Newer controllers dont have that button at all.

The only person I had come look at it offered me only $300 (Canadian), and then complained about the clicking noise it makes - it’s always made that noise, I’m 100% sure it’s normal for a Mavic 1 to make a steady clicking sound. What it is I’ve never bothered to find out. He also tried to talk me down even further based on the number of battery cycles saying it’s a lot - only 54 and 55. There’s no way that is a lot! I’d say that’s not much at all. There was a lot of time over the years I just didn’t have time to fly the drone, hence the low charge counts.

So what is this worth these days? Specify currency please - I’m in Canada but tell me in US if you like and I’ll convert it. I’d listed it for $450 (Canadian). I think it’s still a great drone. Here’s some footage from my travels with it -

I’m in Victoria, BC. If anyone wants to make me an offer let me know!
I sell the M1P on eBay every day. (Joe's Thunderbird's) Your kit will sell for around $500 USD. I'd list it for $525 in a Buy it Now format with free shipping. It might take a month to sell, but if it's in as good a shape as you say, you will sell it for that price. Don't auction it, unless you are willing to get less for it... 🤔
Happy Flying! 🚁

I tried to sell or trade my MP1.
Nothing but scammers and folks like the clown you mentioned.
I have a complete set of filters, original flymore bag, 4 batteries and extras.
I was asking only $400 and yet that was apparently beyond their means.
I decided it's better I keep it and use it as a crash test dummy of sort ;)
I'm certainly not going to give it away...

I tried to sell or trade my MP1.
Nothing but scammers and folks like the clown you mentioned.
I have a complete set of filters, original flymore bag, 4 batteries and extras.
I was asking only $400 and yet that was apparently beyond their means.
I decided it's better I keep it and use it as a crash test dummy of sort ;)
I'm certainly not going to give it away...
That's why I use ebay.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
You showed some good footage and seem to have had even more fun out of your Mini 1 than I have. I'm too looking to get a Mini 3 - and this very morning I gave my old, beloved Mini 1 to a friend - for nothing, hoping that he gets as much fun from it as I did. Bearing in mind the age, I think you're hoping for far too much for something that old (unfortunately a trait that many Americans have I've found, of getting maximum income for something).

Give it away - and the feeling of kindness you feel will be far greater than getting the 'extra penny.'
You are a good friend! I just bought a Mini 1 w/ Fly More Kit for $200 and thought I got a good deal!

Reactions: chiangmaicharlies
I have two of the M1P's. with 5 batteries for each. I am thinking about giving one of them to my son. He is active duty USCG and an electronics tech. He has flown mine and i think he will really like it.

Reactions: chiangmaicharlies

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekleeth