DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How often do you fly Mavic?

Anjulis

Reactions
Bought the Mavic. First 2-3 weeks flew it everywhere, took a lot of videos and photos. After that is it just sitting on a shelf. I still fly it when I go to a new hiking place or something like that but it doesn't happen often, and, in truth, there is not much use for the videos I shoot with it.
So, how often do you fly and where (new places, something unsual, etc)?

Get yourself a youtube channel and show off your work, I fly mine as often as i can, its nice to be out getting fresh air, I usually meet up with other flyers in the area so its more a social thing

Reactions: trriley5
When the weather cooperates, I fly almost daily. I’m retired, and sometimes it’s a destination flight. With a purposeful. I’m a photographer, so often it’s simply from my driveway to tweak some settings and see the end result. Often, it’s simply to get some stick time and practice different modes.

Reactions: fiftiesnut
I usually do a few flights every weekend (weather permitting). But I travel for work somewhat often, so I always bring the Mavic when I do.

Depending on weather nearly everyday. I’m lucky in the fact with my job. Wind turbine engineer and with all our sites so remote I’m free to fly about.

Last edited:
Not as often as I'd like. Work, family and weather all get in the way LOL.

As I don't fly often, I get to plan my next flight better. On google maps looking for fields and parks just so I can capture something different.

Winter is probably the worst time to buy a drone. Bought my first one last winter.

Same here. I am seeing that after flying it in and around my area im like what else. Of course if I'm going somewhere I'll bring it but it's not every weekend I go somewhere. Hmm.

Reactions: fiftiesnut
I pretty much fly both my Mavic Pro Platinum and Spark daily.

If it’s too windy or raining, I fly the Spark indoors and the MPP gets to relax for a day.

I try my MP at least once a day. My wife and I retired in the gulf coast area so the weather is
usually good enough for me to fly most days. We live on a bay so all I have to do is walk out to
the back patio and launch my MP! I'm a retired pilot and don't fly anymore so flying my MP helps to
satisfy my flying urges.

I used to fly a lot every weekend but now that I know how to post edit my videos I tend to fly less but more emphasis on video quality. I spend much more time now working on my videos

I’m new to the MavicPilots but also like finding new places I’m allowed to fly in our area; to be honest, it is a way to get to know your area if you record video or simply take stills or not at all, but either way, it is a fun way to practice photography in my case; the camera on the Mavic Pro is what got me flying a drone in the first place; this afternoon I was finished with video and photos of my surround so simply used the 3rd battery to run the bird up and down over an empty sports field (see photo) in Sports Mode...great fun!
2633a663f6e47cc6caba04353cb4c069.jpg

I flew twice daily for the first month or two that I had my Mavic, so that put me at around 4 1/2 hours flight time a week. After having it for 10 months now, I only fly about 4 times a week, but I have three batteries now so the flight time is around 4 hours a week. That is just an average though as some times when the weather is nice I may fly more often. I also literally carry my Mavic with me everywhere. If I leave the house it goes with me, even if I am just on a run to the grocery store and back. I can't tell you how many times I have seen things and stopped just to send the bird up.

Bought the Mavic. First 2-3 weeks flew it everywhere, took a lot of videos and photos. After that is it just sitting on a shelf. I still fly it when I go to a new hiking place or something like that but it doesn't happen often, and, in truth, there is not much use for the videos I shoot with it.
So, how often do you fly and where (new places, something unsual, etc)?
I live on the beach in Mexico so I can't fly every day because of high winds but when the weather is nice I try to take my MP out for at least one battery of time spent practicing flying and photography and at least one battery of time using the Goggles. I believe that you cannot have enough practice with these devices and it seems that every one of the threads about losing their drone is because the operator did not have enough practice time. Practice everything but keep the drone within sight in case something goes wrong and you have to visually bring the drone home. I don't understand why these newbies take their drone up 150 meters or send it out 1,000 meters and then wonder why they lost their new $1,500 toy.

Reactions: Tornado1
Not as much as Id like. Short days, work and poor weather. Once a week if I'm lucky. Roll on better weather.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929