DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How on earth do I fit a Getterback on this thing?

ColdForged

Reactions
I invested in a Getterback since I plan to fly over water and really don't want to lose her forever in the event of catastrophic failure. It came in today but am having a difficult time finding a mounting point that appears like it'll work with the included velcro tie. The little arms on Air are pretty short and the body is too girthy to reach all the way around. The site says you can use zip ties, but that seems inconvenient.

Anyone find a solution to this?

Here are some ideas that might work for you:
5fab76fc7f8d9877a8a740ea5c32a45a_preview_featured.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This is what I came up with using 2 Getterbacks (balance and redundancy) along with the propeller guards on my Mavic Air . Any comments or suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_3190.JPG
    IMG_3190.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_8336.JPG
    IMG_8336.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
Yes but if you have DJI refresh you can get another one as long as you have the damage piece. From DJI "Provides two replacement units for a small additional charge in one year and covers kinds of accidents, such as water damage and collisions, giving you peace of mind."

Reactions: Leron T and ToddR
Just out of curiosity, doesn’t the added weight of the prop guards and getter backs significantly reduce battery life ?

Good point. So I did a flight test with and without the prop guard and Getterbacks. Each test was done with the same full battery. I let the MA hover in my office until the low battery alert went off. Difference in fight time was 2 min. It went 12 min without and 10 min with.

I think there would have been some additional flying time after the low battery alert. My test was just to that marker

Got it. So possibly 15 minutes or so, give or take. If you’re flying over water and can compose your shots/video fairly quick then the getterbacks are worth the slight loss of flight time. Peace of mind is worth something.

Reactions: Leron T and phinz
Careful, if the top pops off the line will foul the prop and will crash. I don't use a getter back after a crash with my phantom, prefer to just pay insurance.

Careful, if the top pops off the line will foul the prop and will crash. I don't use a getter back after a crash with my phantom, prefer to just pay insurance.
Can you actually get insurance that will replace a Mavic lost in the sea? I've never seen any in the UK.

Just a question, but why not just get Personal Article insurance and be done with it?

I insured mine through State Farm for $60/year. Now if it drops in the water (where I fly quite a bit as well) I just report it and them collect the check and pick out my new drone and I don't have to wait for all of the hassle and expense of DJI Refresh.

I fly with substantially more confidence now, and maybe a bit more abandon as well.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Reactions: theishkid
Just a question, but why not just get Personal Article insurance and be done with it?

I insured mine through State Farm for $60/year. Now if it drops in the water (where I fly quite a bit as well) I just report it and them collect the check and pick out my new drone and I don't have to wait for all of the hassle and expense of DJI Refresh.

I fly with substantially more confidence now, and maybe a bit more abandon as well.

Just my .02 cents worth.
That's incredible. You don't even have to provide them with the drowned drone? I have personal posessions insurance in the UK, which covers my laptop, camera equipment, iPad etc. but it certainly wouldn't cover my Mavic. Also, when I claimed for a broken iPad a few years ago, the renewal premium went up from £160/yr to over £300.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf