DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How posting a new video every month on Youtube helps me grow as a filmmaker!

VegardBerland

Reactions
Since April, I have made a sample of some of my best shots during every month. This is my video from the previous month:

Making this kind of video helps me in a lot of ways. Firstly, it gives me motivation to get out there and see new locations and get different types of shots. The great thing is that you can use all kinds of shots and locations in a video like this. Secondly, my editing becomes faster and better every time. Thirdly, I get feedback on my videos that helps me grow as a filmmaker. And lastly, practice makes perfect and I get better and more creative as time goes.
For that reason I recommend other drone videographers to try to make a cinematic video every month if they have the time and motivation :) Hope you enjoy my video from July 2020!

Since April, I have made a sample of some of my best shots during every month. This is my video from the previous month:

Making this kind of video helps me in a lot of ways. Firstly, it gives me motivation to get out there and see new locations and get different types of shots. The great thing is that you can use all kinds of shots and locations in a video like this. Secondly, my editing becomes faster and better every time. Thirdly, I get feedback on my videos that helps me grow as a filmmaker. And lastly, practice makes perfect and I get better and more creative as time goes.
For that reason I recommend other drone videographers to try to make a cinematic video every month if they have the time and motivation :) Hope you enjoy my video from July 2020!
Hi
Great film.
How do you edit your film and where do you get the music from ? Ovilously it’s not copyrighted
Regards

Reactions: VegardBerland
Hi
Great film.
How do you edit your film and where do you get the music from ? Ovilously it’s not copyrighted
Regards

Thank you! I get my music from Epidemic Sound. I actually have a referral link for a 30-day free trial if you want to test it out:

I edit all my videos in Premiere Pro and I have a short video that covers some of the things I think about when I'm editing:

Reactions: W2EJ and Tomas H.
Has anyone seen the tv series "blind spot"...There's heaps of spectacular footage looking down on NYC, flying over the buildings looking straight down...imo it awesome

The fade transition would have made the scenery changes smoother and improve this beautiful video.

The fade transition would have made the scenery changes smoother and improve this beautiful video.

Thanks for the feedback! Maybe it could work in this video since it has so many different locations. Personally I’m not a fan of the fade transition in a cinematic video, but that is just my opinion. Thanks for watching ?

Very nice film there! really enjoy those sunsset ones with the little building as well as the switch back shots up the mountain.

Stunning! You did a great job, but honestly, if you can't get good shots of such a beautiful area, then you'd be pretty bad. I love the shot coming out of the railroad tunnel. I'd shoot a video a month and post it but the geography, this town, everything, is so boring here that after one video you would never want to watch again! Keep 'em coming my friend. I never get tired of watching the beauty of our earth unfold before my eyes in drone videos.

Stunning! You did a great job, but honestly, if you can't get good shots of such a beautiful area, then you'd be pretty bad. I love the shot coming out of the railroad tunnel. I'd shoot a video a month and post it but the geography, this town, everything, is so boring here that after one video you would never want to watch again! Keep 'em coming my friend. I never get tired of watching the beauty of our earth unfold before my eyes in drone videos.

Thank you! Yes, the landscape are beautiful :)

Lovely video! I really enjoyed (among others) the shots coming out of the train tunnel and the splash at the end. I think you got the tone and pace of your filming and editing spot on. You just won yourself a new subscriber :)

Lovely video! I really enjoyed (among others) the shots coming out of the train tunnel and the splash at the end. I think you got the tone and pace of your filming and editing spot on. You just won yourself a new subscriber :)

Thank you so much for your nice words! And welcome to my channel!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots