DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Renew Drone?

RDavis

Reactions
I have a notification to renew my drone registration. This email shows all of my profile information: name, device, serial number, et.

When I click on the link to the website:

There is no link to renew. When I click on the recreational flyer link:

there is still no link to renew.

I can look at my profile and see that all of the information is there, but I cannot find a link to use my existing information to renew.

When I try to renew, I am asked for "inventory." It seems that if I enter something here, I will be listing a new device (drone) not renewing my current drone.

Is there a link that goes directly to renew that will enable me to simply put in the profile information that the FAA already has?

Unless you are flying under 107 there is nothing to renew. If in doubt call FAA regional/local office and ask them.

I have a notification to renew my drone registration. This email shows all of my profile information: name, device, serial number, et.

I can look at my profile and see that all of the information is there, but I cannot find a link to use my existing information to renew.

When I try to renew, I am asked for "inventory." It seems that if I enter something here, I will be listing a new device (drone) not renewing my current drone.

Is there a link that goes directly to renew that will enable me to simply put in the profile information that the FAA already has?
Click on the “burger” icon on the upper right and select Sign In. Once you are in your account it should tell you when your present registration expires. If you are within a certain time period (I think it is 90 days) you should find a renew link and will have to pay your $5 for the next three year period.

At the present time you cannot add a standard RID aircraft or a RID module because none are presently approved. The earliest you really have to worry about adding RID information is 16 Sep 2023.

Unless you are flying under 107 there is nothing to renew. If in doubt call FAA regional/local office and ask them.
Recreational registrations expire and need to be renewed as well.

Actually that is incorrect. I just received the same sort of notification from the FAA. I too have to renew my registration, so even just recreational pilots have to do a renewal when the time period runs out.

The FAA registration is good for 3 years, I believe. I just renewed mine and it was simple. Go to FAADroneZonehttps://faadronezone.faa.gov. and you should be able to follow the prompts. Just use your old profile for FAA number and password. There is a small renewal fee, I believe, of 5 bucks.

I received the same email and logged into DRONEZONE without problem. It shows my reg number and personal info, but my drone doesn't appear in my "inventory". I guess I need to reenter it as a new unit, but how do I have a registration number for a drone the FAA doesnt know exists?

I received the same email and logged into DRONEZONE without problem. It shows my reg number and personal info, but my drone doesn't appear in my "inventory". I guess I need to reenter it as a new unit, but how do I have a registration number for a drone the FAA doesnt know exists?
I do not know of any aircraft at this time that complies with the RID transmissions and you need that information to put into that portion of your DroneZone account. This is something that was just recently added to the Recreational part of registration. Only Part 107 pilots had to register aircraft in the past.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada