DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How safe is it to sell and ship a Mavic 2 Pro + accessories via PayPal?

renmazuo

Reactions
Hi LA,

So I recently decided to sell my M2P + Fly More Kit + Accessories for $1,800. Originally I was hoping for an in person sell since I believed that was safest way for this transaction to occur. When I posted the listing on Facebook Marketplace, I got a handful of offers, but one in particular stood out as they offered to take my asking price. The only stipulation was that I ship it to them and accept payment via PayPal, cash app, or Venmo.

So since it wasn’t an in person sale, I was wondering if anyone could chime in on selling a M2P online and accepting payment through PayPal. Is it considered a smart move to do a sale and accept payment via PayPal? I’ve heard horror stories of merchants getting screwed over because of chargebacks by scam buyers, and I wouldn’t want to lose all my gear because of something I didn’t foresee or was able to control.

Any input and suggestions as to how I would go about selling this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I've had nothing but good luck with PayPal 3 times a vendor tried to scam me and PayPal reimburse me every dime

Hi LA,

So I recently decided to sell my M2P + Fly More Kit + Accessories for $1,800. Originally I was hoping for an in person sell since I believed that was safest way for this transaction to occur. When I posted the listing on Facebook Marketplace, I got a handful of offers, but one in particular stood out as they offered to take my asking price. The only stipulation was that I ship it to them and accept payment via PayPal, cash app, or Venmo.

So since it wasn’t an in person sale, I was wondering if anyone could chime in on selling a M2P online and accepting payment through PayPal. Is it considered a smart move to do a sale and accept payment via PayPal? I’ve heard horror stories of merchants getting screwed over because of chargebacks by scam buyers, and I wouldn’t want to lose all my gear because of something I didn’t foresee or was able to control.

Any input and suggestions as to how I would go about selling this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
That's just my opinion . I don't see any thing wrong with. Selling through PayPal good luck

I've had nothing but good luck with PayPal 3 times a vendor tried to scam me and PayPal reimburse me every dime
Yeah, see this is what I'm worried about. Since I'm technically the vendor, I don't want someone to say that I didn't send the items as promised and I get hit with a bill and lose my drone in the process.

Paypal is good to deal with because they provide buyer and seller protection. Make sure you ship only to the address provided and require a signature. Without a signature the buyer can claim that it wasn't received.

Reactions: renmazuo
I think one could worry about all the "What-if's", but overall the number of bad people/transactions are a small percentage. You control the deal as the seller, so your risk is limited. Place the ad on here if you haven't already, then you will have a truly interested market. You can decide what payment method you both prefer.

I think one could worry about all the "What-if's", but overall the number of bad people/transactions are a small percentage. You control the deal as the seller, so your risk is limited. Place the ad on here if you haven't already, then you will have a truly interested market. You can decide what payment method you both prefer.

Unfortunately I have to wait 30 days and have 10 posts to have the ability to post in the Classifieds forum. Though since I'm looking for a buyer here in Los Angeles, might as well throw down the listing here:

"Hi, I purchased this Mavic 2 Pro back in March 2021 and I am parting with it now. Along with it, I purchased the Fly More Kit and DJI Care Refresh Service which is valid until 3/18/2022. Flying time has been less than 1 hour 23 minutes, no crashes or hard landings.

I can provide photos and videos of the condition if needed. I also purchased numerous accessories that will make using this drone easy and a great way to start flying for beginner pilots.
List of Items included:
1. Mavic 2 Pro
2. Fly More Kit
3. PolarPro Vivid Collection - Cinema Series Filters
4. Landing Pad 5. Battery Pack Cases x3
6. Cellphone Mount for Remote
7. SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB microSDXC cards x2
8. DJI Care Refresh Service (Valid until 3/18/2022, tied to drone and not an individual)

Total price for all items comes closer to $2600. My asking price is $1,800 for the everything listed on these photos."

If anyone here in Los Angeles knows of someone who wants to jump in on this stuff, feel free to PM me!

Attachments

• IMG_6475.JPG
    IMG_6475.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6476.JPG
    IMG_6476.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6477.JPG
    IMG_6477.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6478.JPG
    IMG_6478.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6479.JPG
    IMG_6479.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6480.JPG
    IMG_6480.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6481.JPG
    IMG_6481.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6482.JPG
    IMG_6482.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6483.JPG
    IMG_6483.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6484.JPG
    IMG_6484.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6485.JPG
    IMG_6485.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6486.JPG
    IMG_6486.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6487.JPG
    IMG_6487.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6491.JPG
    IMG_6491.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
I'd be concerned especially if your buyer offers full price via PayPal without any questions regarding the items.
Sometimes they offer the full price & indeed shipping cost included with a sort of an urgency!!
BEWARE:
Your normal Genuine buyers will send messages/questions/pricing deduction to & fro before they confirm the purchase.
Be Cautious, very Cautious!!!

I'd be concerned especially if your buyer offers full price via PayPal without any questions regarding the items.
Sometimes they offer the full price & indeed shipping cost included with a sort of an urgency!!
BEWARE:
Your normal Genuine buyers will send messages/questions/pricing deduction to & fro before they confirm the purchase.
Be Cautious, very Cautious!!!

Oh I totally get it! This is actually what the above scam was about.

The scammer posed as a woman who was buying a birthday gift for her cousin. When I requested an in-person sale, she said she was out of town and could not meet this week. Her profile said she lived in Arkansas instead of Los Angeles (Red flag #1). Her cousin's address was to a man in New York City who was Nigeria, while she herself was white (Red Flag #2), and when it came down to payment, "she" sent a "PayPal confirmation receipt" from a @gmail.com that ended up in my Spam box (Final Red Flag #3).

After I called out the scammer, they blocked me and disappeared.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent