DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how tell DJi 8331 props from fake.

MavicFT1P

Reactions
the bay seems to be flooded with the low noise props and no way to distinguish real from fake.

Id like to tihnk it's important

Thanks

If you want to be sure you're getting OEM DJI props, then buy props from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer. Here are some good places to buy 8331 props:

8331 Low-Noise Gold Props:

8331 Low-Noise Platinum Props:

You list two types there Mavic Help with the same 8331 reference

There are only one kind of low noise propellor for Mavic Pro & Platinum yes?
Some list 8331F as opposed to 8331. Are they the same thing

The ones for Mavic 2 are coded 8743 yes?

K, thanks. Just wish there was some way of telling original from fake.
PGytech and all sorts of generic brands have made them and list them as 8331 props

If you don't want to buy from DJI or authorized DJI dealers for some reason, then look for keywords in the listings like "OEM" or "original DJI" props. Don't buy from listings that mention nothing more than things like "compatible with the Mavic Pro". There's no guarantee when buying from other sellers, but that should help you weed out some 3rd party prop listings.

'GENUINE' plus 'DJI' found me a pair that are boxed, clearly OEM.

Call me Fussy; but i like to have the things that keep my bird aloft, to come in a nice White DJI box.

I need them by weekend which was complicating things, but is sorted.
Thanks MavicHelp

'GENUINE' plus 'DJI' found me a pair that are boxed, clearly OEM.

Call me Fussy; but i like to have the things that keep my bird aloft, to come in a nice White DJI box.

I need them by weekend which was complicating things, but is sorted.
Thanks MavicHelp
you dont list your location maybe a store near you or Amazon Prime free 2 day delivery

Reactions: MavicFT1P
You list two types there Mavic Help with the same 8331 reference

There are only one kind of low noise propellor for Mavic Pro & Platinum yes?
Some list 8331F as opposed to 8331. Are they the same thing

The ones for Mavic 2 are coded 8743 yes?
The 'F' suffix on the 8331 simply denotes the 'folding' nature of these prop's. So - yes - you'll see this designation on 8331 (quiet) and 8330 (standard) Mavic Pro prop's. Some advertising uses it, some don't ...
Correct regarding the 8743 ... For your info, the 4 digit designation is the prop' diameter and the pitch ... i.e. 8743 = 8.7 inch diameter, 4.3 inch pitch. / 8331 = 8.3" diameter x 3.1" pitch etc.

Ok I got a question on props will these fit the mavic zoom since they fit. MAS Upgrade Propellers for DJI Mavic Pro & Pro Platinum in Orange - x4 in Set

I dont think you would want to put M1 props on a M2. You can try the reverse if you trim them a little, but
I think the gains would be diminishing

When I have the money, and assuming the 8331's hold out (the 8330's have been darn trusty), Id like to try these out next

Reviews of them elsewhere seem to reflect what their own stats show
About 1:43 Hover time vs the 8330's. No gimbal shake reports either.

Maybe the gimbal shake problem comes from unblanced 8331 copies?

Reactions: Rattydude77
Ok I got a question on props will these fit the mavic zoom since they fit. MAS Upgrade Propellers for DJI Mavic Pro & Pro Platinum in Orange - x4 in Set
Master Airscrew [MAS] is a reputable company and label their product carefully and correctly. When they say that these prop's are for the Mavic Pro and Pro Platinum, that's what they mean. MAS hasn't yet released a prop-set for the Mavic 2 Pro series.
@MavicFT1P - I've been using the MAS Stealth prop's on my Mav' Pro Platinum for a year now, and they are an excellent replacement / upgrade for both 8330 and 8331 DJI prop's. You will find several threads on this forum about the MAS prop's which seem to go either in the "I love them and will use nothing else now" - direction, or "I don't want to use anything other than DJI stock prop's on my Mavic thank you!" ... I'm in the first group ...

MavPro_MA.jpg

Master Airscrew [MAS] is a reputable company and label their product carefully and correctly. When they say that these prop's are for the Mavic Pro and Pro Platinum, that's what they mean. MAS hasn't yet released a prop-set for the Mavic 2 Pro series.
@MavicFT1P - I've been using the MAS Stealth prop's on my Mav' Pro Platinum for a year now, and they are an excellent replacement / upgrade for both 8330 and 8331 DJI prop's. You will find several threads on this forum about the MAS prop's which seem to go either in the "I love them and will use nothing else now" - direction, or "I don't want to use anything other than DJI stock prop's on my Mavic thank you!" ... I'm in the first group ...

View attachment 73230

I decided to go skip the 8331's and go with the Stealth's.
Postal Anxiety time ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929