DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How the heck do you upgrade the firmware??

ihavequestions

Reactions
When I go to the menu and click "Check for Updates" it says "Note: Failed to check firmware package. Check your network and retry." The network is fine. I can use the browser and get online. I've switched different networks and still not working.

I tried downloading the .bin on an SD card. When I try to open in explorer in Crystalsky, it asks if I want to open as text, audio, video, image which it's none of those things.

I tried rebooting with the SD card inserted because I read that it would prompt me upon reboot to upgrade the firmware but it doesn't.

I downloaded the file directly from the browser and it does the same as the above.

How else can I upgrade? Help!

When I go to the menu and click "Check for Updates" it says "Note: Failed to check firmware package. Check your network and retry." The network is fine. I can use the browser and get online. I've switched different networks and still not working.

I tried downloading the .bin on an SD card. When I try to open in explorer in Crystalsky, it asks if I want to open as text, audio, video, image which it's none of those things.

I tried rebooting with the SD card inserted because I read that it would prompt me upon reboot to upgrade the firmware but it doesn't.

I downloaded the file directly from the browser and it does the same as the above.

How else can I upgrade? Help!

Are you clicking on "local update"
1611891991515.png

Reactions: OldGuy and Thomas B
Manual update of the CS when you can't get the automatic update to work.
That's not telling me what is in the update, does it open up the CS to work with more 3rd party apps??????

That's not telling me what is in the update, does it open up the CS to work with more 3rd party apps??????

No, the OP just wanted to know how to do an update using the Sd card as opposed to the auto update feature

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929