DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to access Photos imported via SD Card with DJI Fly app

tbw

Reactions
I imported my photos and videos utilizing the Micro SD Card from my mini into my iPad via a SD Card reader. I went into the photos app on my iPad and selected the “import” option. My photos and videos were imported into the photos app on my iPad with no issues whatsoever. So far, so good. As I wanted to utilize the editing option in the DJI Fly app, I went into the app and couldn’t figure out how to access my photos and videos for editing with the DJI Fly app. What am I missing?

Ok.
From here hit album
4AF08665-B2D1-4FE9-B638-A13684FD6EE6.png
then
179389BB-418D-4EBE-A49A-28E717CFD20F.png
then hit DJI Fly at the top center
4E6E91C1-3A00-4558-9608-D9FBE593C520.png
Is that what you need to know ?

No, unfortunately not what I’m looking for. Tried doing that already. I removed the Micro SD Card from my Mini after shooting some photos and a video. Used a Apple SD Card reader with adapter and inserted the Micro SD Card into the adapter. Photos were transferred to my iPad with no issues into the iPads photo app.

When I go into the DJI app, go to Album, go to the center as suggested, click on it, it does not bring up the photos I just uploaded from the Micro SD Card. I know the Photos are there as I can view them in the iPad’s photo app. For some unknown reason, the DJI Fly app can’t see or read the the photos.

Ok well unless I download the photos In the app before I power off mine I don’t have them in the app. Just the videos.
?‍♂️

No, unfortunately not what I’m looking for. Tried doing that already. I removed the Micro SD Card from my Mini after shooting some photos and a video. Used a Apple SD Card reader with adapter and inserted the Micro SD Card into the adapter. Photos were transferred to my iPad with no issues into the iPads photo app.

When I go into the DJI app, go to Album, go to the center as suggested, click on it, it does not bring up the photos I just uploaded from the Micro SD Card. I know the Photos are there as I can view them in the iPad’s photo app. For some unknown reason, the DJI Fly app can’t see or read the the photos.
this is the expected behavior unless you import the entire folder containing your images.
Why do you want the photos in the DJI app?

TheDJI editor is a poor choice for editing the hires images stored on the screen card. A far better work flow would be to use a real image editing program either on the tablet or a PC. The DJI editor is a bare bones editor without many important features.

i am having the same problem only with one video on a 32gb sd card. Plays fine on the computer, but fly app can't find it when in the MM.

Im having the same problem

I imported my photos and videos utilizing the Micro SD Card from my mini into my iPad via a SD Card reader. I went into the photos app on my iPad and selected the “import” option. My photos and videos were imported into the photos app on my iPad with no issues whatsoever. So far, so good. As I wanted to utilize the editing option in the DJI Fly app, I went into the app and couldn’t figure out how to access my photos and videos for editing with the DJI Fly app. What am I missing?
Go to app, dji fly, hit create button, then top center hit pro, then top center hit DJI Fly again to select where your pictures are. There you can find them all. Hope this helps.

Had the same problem. This is how I found them.
Before you power off anything, on the right side of the screen under the picture/video button there will be a small arrow. Tap on it and viola, there's all your pics. You can download them to your device and edit away.

Video files can be as big as 4GB each. How long does it take to transfer OTA from AC to app?

MINUTES.

But obviously you can test it yourself. But first land the drone so that if the battery drains you are safe and also so that you are not distracted by the download process and lose control of a flying drone.

I know it’s been awhile since you asked this question, but did you ever get a decent answer? It appears that the DJI Fly editor app only looks for videos on the drone or within the app‘s file structure. I couldn’t find a way to have it look elsewhere such as the Photo Album or other locations. Frustrating!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada