DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to acquire authorization for regulated fly zone on wifi only tablet

amrunner4

Reactions
I was flying on what I'm guessing was the edge of an airport radius zone and I got a popup on my tablet screen that I needed to agree to the fly responsibly and have authorization, if needed. However, I was on a wifi only tablet, so I couldn't get further than tapping on the agree to terms, but then getting a no network connection screen. So I couldn't do anything to clear all this off my screen, and had to fly back to home.

It's a catch-22 when I can't agree to terms if I don't have wifi, but it blocks being able to see my screen and map.

Can I agree to terms back home on my desktop computer through my DJI account somehow? Is the record of the agreement stored on the device, or is it stored in my account, so that I should be cleared subsequently on any device on which I use to fly?

OK, so I did some more digging and found out that I have to register in advance to fly in what is termed an "Enhanced Warning Zone." This means that I will have to do this for every flight out of my backyard because I am at the very edge of a 5 mile radius from a community airport here in Michigan.

Has anyone found out if a permanent approval/exemption can be established for a given DJI account and a given zone?

Never had to do this with my Phantom 3 before I sold it this Spring. It's going to be a bit of a damper on the spontaneity of capturing a sunrise....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851