DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to attach gimbal cover?

darkphoenixpt

Reactions
ok, this sounds ridiculous, I know.

I previously owned a Phantom 3 Pro and still have a Mavic Pro.
Got my Air 2 this morning, and I just can't reattach the gimbal cover.
It takes so much pressure to eventually fit in that I get scared of damaging the gimbal, even before its maiden flight.

Am I the only one having this issue?
Honestly I fail to understand some of DJI's design decisions.
Why ruin what was already great in Mavic Pro?

You have to be sure the gimbal is straight, fit it inside of the cover (shaped for the camera) then put the 2 tabs up front under the lip, you can see it align, then you just push a bit of pressure (read: pull) towards the front of the bird a bit using the finger tab, and fit the back in. Once you figure it out you’ll see there’s not a lot of pressure needed. Took me a couple times to figure it out as well.

I have been doing this while the AC is folded up to make it easier to handle with care.

Last edited:
Thanks, it worked perfectly!
I wasn't pushing towards the front, but upwards...

Still.... not a fan of this design.
It may be easier to damage the gimbal.
Guess I'm gonna avoid using it for a while, listen to feedback from the community.

Thanks again!

Reactions: SFC117
Thanks, it worked perfectly!
I wasn't pushing towards the front, but upwards...

Still.... not a fan of this design.
It may be easier to damage the gimbal.
Guess I'm gonna avoid using it for a while, listen to feedback from the community.

Thanks again!
There is somewhere in youtube a modification to the cover to easy the process. You might want to check it,,,

Reactions: darkphoenixpt
This is why:

Call me nuts but I don't like to damage the gimbal.

Followed the instructions on the video above, cut off the round part of the clip, and it now fits perfectly, securing the camera without pressuring the gimbal.

Last edited:
Reactions: SFC117
Sorry, first time I’ve seen that video. Mine seems to go on with no problem, but I’ll have a closer look at the gimbal issue. Thanks for warning us

Completely agree with the OP. Infact, there is a thread for this topic

Although people seem to not be bothered about this problem right now, I am afraid it might manifest into a bigger devil in the near future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom