DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How To Build Missions On Google Earth and Import to Litchi

MrMavic

Reactions
For anyone interested, I just made this short video showing how to build the mission. This is a great way to build missions on Google Earth with the great accuracy of Google Earth and import them to the Litchi Hub. You can then open them on your device and fly the missions. One of the big advantages is you can set your elevation on the waypoints (Relative to ground) with one click, and the Litchi App will maintain the exact elevation for each waypoint. It takes a lot of work and worry out of it for you. Enjoy
Oh, click on the title on the video, or the VIMEO emblem lower right for full screen.

Doesn't Litchi Mission Hub way-points use elevation relative to ground already?
I didn't think so. And if it does you have to set them at each individual waypoint I believe. of course I may be wrong.

I just checked the Litchi app and you have to set each waypoint individually. That's a lot of work if you have 200 waypoints.

I miss understood your post. Yes, in Mission Hub you do have to set them all individually.
Thanks. That's why I like it so much. Some of my missions climb over 1000 feet in a short distance, so there's a big rise in elevation between waypoints and the waypoints are close together. Setting the elevation for all waypoints above ground in one step is an awesome feature. This mission is a good example with 98 waypoints and about 2500 Ft climb above take off point. Waypoint 1 is 168 Ft above ground, Waypoint 73 is at 2,627 Feet above take off point

Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 9.58.42 PM.png

2.png

Last edited:
How did you get around the elevation limit (I think around 1500 feet)?

How did you get around the elevation limit (I think around 1500 feet)?
The limit on my mavic Pro is 1,630' I believe, but I didn't actually fly this mission. I was just practicing building missions I did fly to 1,630', but it isn't a planned mission. If I were to drive to the top of this mountain, and fly to the bottom, then I could fly back up again climbing the 2,600'

Last edited:
I miss understood your post. Yes, in Mission Hub you do have to set them all individually.

You do not have to set each individually (but this may have been the case when this thread was created). You can use 'select all' by holding the control key and left clicking two way-points (you get an option to select all points) and set all points relative to ground, at any height you wish. However, I personally use Google Earth just to have a 3d model of the terrain when setting way-points, and Namirda's Virtual Litchi Mission to virtually fly it and make adjustments.

Reactions: MrMavic
The limit on my mavic Pro is 1,630' I believe, but I didn't actually fly this mission. I was just practicing building missions I did fly to 1,630', but it isn't a planned mission. If I were to drive to the top of this mountain, then I could fly back up again climbing the 2,600'
I see, I need to get to 3000 feet but can't drive or hike to it. Bummer.

You do not have to set each individually (but this may have been the case when this thread was created). You can use 'select all' by holding the control key and left clicking two way-points (you get an option to select all points) and set all points relative to ground, at any height you wish. However, I personally use Google Earth just to have a 3d model of the terrain when setting way-points, and Namirda's Virtual Litchi Mission to virtually fly it and make adjustments.
You are right, but I guess I just like the Google Earth platform better and it seems more detailed .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji