DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to cache maps in DJI FlyApp

redserv

Reactions
Hello guys. I did my first flight today with my mavic 3. All went as planned except this is the first time using the FlyApp. A problem I experienced was not being able to cache my location before I got to my site. I was told once I opened up the location on the FlyApp with wifi before I reached the location, it should be cached when I get there. However that was not the case. Can someone point me in the right direction?? Thanks in advance

Did you turn off your device between caching the map and going to your location to fly? That will clear out any maps you've cached.

Reactions: Faster
Did you turn off your device between caching the map and going to your location to fly? That will clear out any maps you've cached.
Hmm. Thank you for taking the time to respond. That's weird though. So you basically saying if I need to fly my bird in the next two days and cache my maps today, I need to keep my device on for two days?? I hope that's not right. Thanks alot for taking the time to respond though

Did you open Fly Spots at beginning of app? Type in location and save. Should stay there even after turning off and can be accessed next time you go there. When you touch "where do you want to go" it will show in "history".

Last edited:
Did you open Fly Spots at beginning of app? Type in location and save. Should stay there even after turning off and can be accessed next time you go there. When you touch "where do you want to go" it will show in "history".
Thank you Capt. I did open the map at the beginning of the app. However I am not sure if I saved it. I may need to find out how to save the map. I was under the impression that once you open the map it would automatically save.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake