HOW TO: Calibrate Mavic Air vision system

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com

Interesting. What would require this to be calibrated? An accident?

Reactions: RichT
would I need to do this before using?
It should not be necessary. You should do it if DJI GO prompts you to do so though.

New out of the box, first flight, DJI Go 4 app gives me a warning that the vision system needed to be calibrated. I did a quick cal with the app, then when I got home calibrated with the DJI Assistant 2 app.

Being on Windows 10, I had to disable driver signature enforcement and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 app to get the right drivers needed for calibration to install. I didn't think I would need to since upgrading my firmware worked just fine, but apparently the vision calibration requires a different driver.

Anyway, once calibrated, the warning went away and my subsequent flights were just fine. Oh and by the way, I was also prompted to calibrate my compass.

Go 4 gave me the warning. I attempted to follow the video. First the screen size was not detected and I had to manually set it, then I get a blank screen when calibration is about to start.

Reactions: MavericAir
My issue was quite similar. I connect the drone via USB and open the Assistant. It prompts me if I allow internet access for it, and I click OK. It gives me a message about my screen size, and I enter 11" manually, since I'm on a Macbook air.

Later, I go to Calibration and hit "Next" on first 4 screens, but I get stuck on the last one and the real process does not start. Any clues? Thanks

Captura_de_Tela_2018_08_06_s_13_52_04.jpg

Encounter this problem with my laptop having blank white screen when calibrating. Anyone have a fix?
9ec4ca92562cf6a29b6169e9c5923306.jpg

I just got over this changing from MacBook Air to Asus Laptop 15". There, after some steps to do the mavic be installed and recognized by Windows, I could do it finally. So I think it's really about screen resolution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun