DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Cancel an Order

phneeley

Reactions
Hey all,

I've decided to go with the Phantom 4 Pro. Do any of you have tips on how to go about canceling a Mavic order? I sent DJI an email about two days ago and they've yet to respond.

Best,
P

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Though, I have to admit, there's a part of me that hopes they ship before seeing the email, then forcing me to rationalize keeping the Mavic too!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

They won't cancel immediately on the DJI chat... they can't even tell u anything about ur order since they are technical support... I also love how the email request sends you an automated response email that says they probably won't be able to respond to your email right away… So I'll gladly take $1500 from you to order a drone but now it's been 49 days since I ordered mine and all I want to do is cancel it so I can get the phantom 4 pro since that one is shipping within a week of order… DJ I really dropped the ball on this one... they could've got me for both rounds the Mavic pro and the phantom 4P but now they will only get the money for one since they have the worst customer service and cancellation policy is an any major company that I have ever dealt with… The fact that there isn't a button that allows me to just cancel my order online is absolutely unacceptable.

They won't cancel immediately on the DJI chat... they can't even tell u anything about ur order since they are technical support... I also love how the email request sends you an automated response email that says they probably won't be able to respond to your email right away… So I'll gladly take $1500 from you to order a drone but now it's been 49 days since I ordered mine and all I want to do is cancel it so I can get the phantom 4 pro since that one is shipping within a week of order… DJ I really dropped the ball on this one... they could've got me for both rounds the Mavic pro and the phantom 4P but now they will only get the money for one since they have the worst customer service and cancellation policy is an any major company that I have ever dealt with… The fact that there isn't a button that allows me to just cancel my order online is absolutely unacceptable.

I feel your pain :( I placed my order 48 days ago and I'm still waiting *sigh*. But, I've decided to "stick it out" and wait for my Mavic. I do agree that not having a "Cancel" button on their order site is upsetting. I really hate it when I need to cancel an order and find no cancel button. There goes the convenience of online ordering!

You're very wrong about them not willing to cancel your order via the chat for Mavic orders...but then again who knows what your chat looks like based on your post above. Mine as well as many others have been cancelled that way to pick up local

I do agree the option to cancel via a simple button click would be nice

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm going to give it a try. Just on principle alone, I don't like DJI sitting on my purchase cash for weeks and now months on end. It's probably best to wait a few months until production settles down anyway.

From what I've read even after they cancelled the order it took awhile to get your money back. So staying with it until at least December and then will rethink canceling.

What bothers me is how people can find them at stores. DJI should take care of pre orders first!

That and the whole timing of the release of the p4 pro is odd to me

I tried to cancel on chat and they told me to email sales dept. Took them a week to get back to me.

Are you using the DJI Go App chat for your Mavic pre-order? If you using the regular chat you are correct and will not be able to cancel your order. It should be instant when you ask... if not end the chat and do it again because somebody on the other end isn't comprehending

Pre-order was cancelled within 10min or less and refunds hit accounts in less than 5 days

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I've definitely gotten cold feet with the Mavic given the delays and the odd release of the P4 Pro. I think it's time to cut bait and wait a few months to see what comes next.

Did you receive 100% refund?
Or was something charged for cancellation?

Are you using the DJI Go App chat for your Mavic pre-order? If you using the regular chat you are correct and will not be able to cancel your order. It should be instant when you ask... if not end the chat and do it again because somebody on the other end isn't comprehending

Pre-order was cancelled within 10min or less and refunds hit accounts in less than 5 days

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom