DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how to change the 20% RTH setting

No ... & further more those 20% you think it is, is in reality variable with the distance to your HP.

You have 2 battery percent thresholds that you can't change & which are dependent on either the height or distance from the HP.

Here below a chart that demonstrates how both the battery % for the low battery auto landing & the battery % for the auto RTH change.

The auto RTH can be canceled in the app 10sec before it is about to start ...
The low battery auto landing can't be canceled ... but it can be fought by constantly applying throttle for ascending.

-The red graph is the height in meters which correlates to the green graph which tells on which % it will start to land.
-The blue graph is the distance in meters from the HP, that correlates to the purple graph which say at which % it will RTH.

(Click on the chart to make it larger)
1631910594407.png

Last edited:
Reactions: db4476
I think you can disable forced landing with setting
bat_enable_smart_bat_landing_protect_0
to 0.

It's a must when flying over water or in high wind. When it goes into forced landing it limits the attitude, so it will not fight the wind very well.

I think you can disable forced landing with setting
bat_enable_smart_bat_landing_protect_0
to 0.
And here you mean access & change flight controller parameters with a software like drone-hacks ... not advisable for an Average Joe ... both the low battery auto landing & low battery RTH save thousands of ignorant pilots from totally depleting their batteries & make their crafts falling as rocks from the sky.

It's a must when flying over water or in high wind. ...
It's much better to plan your flight properly, calculating in the wind speed & direction, flying out against the wind and return back earlier than usual if flying in stronger winds over water.

If you on a regular basis are flying out over water in stronger winds and feel that the auto landing at around 10% battery is a annoyance ... it's only a matter of time until you loose your drone when it has totally drained the battery ... you should be well into the landing phase when the battery hits 20-25%.

It's a must when flying over water or in high wind. When it goes into forced landing it limits the attitude, so it will not fight the wind very well.
Much more important is that you plan your flying when over water or in high winds allowing a comfortable safety margin.
That way you don't find yourself in a situation where you are dealing with a critical low voltage autolanding.
Think like it's a real plane that you are piloting.
Real pilots don't aim to land just as their fuel tank hits empty.

Reactions: Gbeckwith and Starz
I am just flying missions near my house, don't usually go more than 500 feet distance and 200 feet height, but I keep tweeking the same mission and change the parameters of the mission, like gimbal settings, drone position, video and camera settings etc. and I just wanted to get another 10 %, not really that important. I have another question though. In most of the mission I have the video activated but recently I changed the last leg of a mission to photos and I now get a msg. I never received, and it is not in the vicinity where I changed to photos. It says something to the affect that the mission had stopped due to camera failure. I tried to take a screenshot of the error msg. and all I get when I try to open the screenshot is: "Sorry , photos can't open this file because the format is unsupported." Any ideas on both situations?
Just got screen shot to open.
Screenshot_20210917-185526_Dronelink[1].jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242