DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to change the height limit of the OPTI mode (VPS) ?

Papillon

Reactions
Hello !!

How to change the height limit of the OPTI mode (Mavic 2 pro VPS)?

The ATTI mode is too unstable because of the air generated by the drone.
I need optimal stability up to 11m. The OPTI mode is limited to 5m.

This is indoors, and GPS is not available.

Is there a hack?

Thanks to all.

From where are you getting the information about the limit being 5m?
By any chance is there something flapping beneath the drone that is in the sensors' field of view? Or is the surface/floor inappropriate?
I get the impression that both my Mavic 2 and my Mavic Mini can detect, and do respond to, things flapping beneath them though indoors that is as high as I fly.

Thank you for your answer. Indeed I realize that the limit of the VPS is 11 m according to the manual.

Maybe the ground was too dark, and I was limited to 5 m for the VPS mode.

If the ground is better lit, it will surely work.

Have you ever gone up to 11m in OPTI mode?

Have you ever gone up to 11m in OPTI mode?
No, the room ceilings are probably at 8 to 9 ft so that would be impossible for me indoors.
Out of doors, around my house I often have to take off with insufficient GPS, trees reduce the drone's view of the sky, and in that event I am limited to the height dictated by the drone's software, as per the top of page 57 of the M2P/Z manual.
The same thing happens with my mavic mini (I don't remember the height of the imposed ceiling).
The drone can not break that ceiling until it gains sufficient sateliites to satisfy its requirements.
That said, when hovering outdoors at 5m with only VPS it is my recollection that the M2P is stable when over suitable ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent