DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to download from internal memory

Ice_2k

Reactions
Hey guys,
I'm in vacation and shot some videos on the drone's internal memory. Is there a way to retrieve the footage without a computer? A restarurant owner saw me flying and kindly asked me to get some aerial shots of his place and I promised to give'im the footage tomorrow. However, I'm not leaving for home for another 8 days. What I tried so far:
- connecting the drone to my iPad Pro (USB-C to Lightning cable). The drone did not get mounted as an SD/external drive does, I can't see it in Files
- downloading the videos via the Fly app, it says files higher than 1080p can't be downloaded to the phone

Is there another way I'm missing? Or maybe a way to have the drone move those files over to the SD card? I have a card reader for the iPad so that would help.

Thanks.

I'm using card adapter with my macbook pro mate but cable connection should work I guess

That’s the thing, I only have my iPad with me :(
oh, no idea then mate, got no iPad Pro to check ....btw, external card reader (if any) might work

Ian also use a scan card reader to receive my photos and movies on my iPad.

I just recorded a 4k 2Gb video on the internal memory and downloaded it w/out any problems down to the Photos app on the iPhone via controller and Fly app. But it took quite a while... was like 5,25 MB/s max.
Did you shoot the videos with an iPhone or an iPad connected to the controller?

Reactions: nencmeister
I just recorded a 4k 2Gb video on the internal memory and downloaded it w/out any problems down to the Photos app on the iPhone via controller and Fly app. But it took quite a while... was like 5,25 MB/s max.
Shot the photos and video on the drone.
All photos and movies went to the SD card.

That’s weird. I shot the video using my iPhone and then tried downloading using iPad... got error below

cef2b025db283014562b021c951b181b.jpg

Update: turns out the Fly app can’t download videos in H.265 to the phone, that must be the issue. They just got their error message messed up.

Reactions: nencmeister
You have a drone why would you use your iPhone to take photos when you have a drone?

Yes, I understand that. I was asking in case you had an iPhone connected when shooting (yes, recording to the MA2) and later tried to DL to an iPad. Then the Fly app on the iPad has to be paired w/ the drone I guess. Was my only point.
Maybe I don't understand your issue fully?
From what I understood I could recreate it here and it worked...

Update: turns out the Fly app can’t download videos in H.265 to the phone, that must be the issue. They just got their error message messed up.
Could be the issue - I tested w/ a MP4/H264 recording...
Will do another test to see...

I don't see it here: Just recorded a 4K/25 fps MP4/H265 and a 4K/25 fps MOV/H265 video and DL to the iPhone w/ no issues. Both running in iPhone's photos app just fine...

I’m having the same problem although I think it’s because my iPhone which is a IPhone 6+ isn’t compatible with 4K video taken from the Mavic Air 2.
Hence I’m buying a New Iphone 11Max tomorrow which is compatible with 4K videos to download from the Mavic Air 2.
Let us know how it works out! All the best!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54