DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to download maps for offline use on ipad air.

jac1957

Reactions
Is there a way to download maps on my ipad for the dji fly app. I have no cellular connectivity on my ipad but it would be very helpful to have a map for reference.

Does it not load then when you connect to home WiFi when the app is launched?

I turn all my data off when flying as I don’t wont interference

I am also new to the iPad and asked the same question.

Apparently if you connect to your home WiFi & open a map of the area you intend to fly but don’t close the Go4 app you should have the map when you get to the destination.

Must admit I haven't tested this as I never remember to do it as I am used to having pre downloaded maps on my Android tablet, once downloaded on Android you have then for keeps.

I am also new to the iPad and asked the same question.

Apparently if you connect to your home WiFi & open a map of the area you intend to fly but don’t close the Go4 app you should have the map when you get to the destination.

Must admit I haven't tested this as I never remember to do it as I am used to having pre downloaded maps on my Android tablet, once downloaded on Android you have then for keeps.

THE CYBORG is correct. Also zoom in to the area, scan all around and allow the images to clear up while downloading. Do not force close the app or you will lose the maps. Works great for night flying because you can have a daytime map, satellite or hybrid image.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato