DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to fly faster than Tripod but slower than Standard speed?

rickray

Reactions
Hi there,

Is there an efficient way to fly more slowly than the standard (non sport) speed without a) going into extremely slow Tripod Mode, b) having severe thumb cramps, c) using a third party app? I guess what I am looking for is a setting somewhere which allows me to set my "maximum" speed for flying, such as is available in Lichi and Autopilot apps. Am I just dreaming this feature or does anyone have some tips? Thanks!

Without having tried it myself. Why not bring down the gain values to their lowest limits?
47704a5a0a7a4fc4bdc16b0ad1ccde38.jpg

Hi there,

Is there an efficient way to fly more slowly than the standard (non sport) speed without a) going into extremely slow Tripod Mode, b) having severe thumb cramps, c) using a third party app? I guess what I am looking for is a setting somewhere which allows me to set my "maximum" speed for flying, such as is available in Lichi and Autopilot apps. Am I just dreaming this feature or does anyone have some tips? Thanks!

I wouldn't mess with the gain settings. Have you tried Cinematic mode. Not as slow as Tripod but is consistent in speed. There are also a couple of settings relating to Cinematic mode that you could also make adjustments to to see if you can achieve the speed you want.

Gain settings are NOT about stick response but about stabilization tuning. Don't change that unless you know what you're doing.

The only thing that allows some sensitivity control in DJI GO is enabling/disabling obstacle avoidance as that changes full stick speed command between about 35km/h and about 55km/h.

The only thing that allows some sensitivity control in DJI GO is enabling/disabling obstacle avoidance as that changes full stick speed command between about 35km/h and about 55km/h.

You can also accomplish this by lowering the EXP value for the appropriate stick direction. I have my YAW setting (for NORMAL mode only) set down to .20 and my Yaw Endpoint set to .5 for much smoother panning left and right = slower yaw response - my videos look far better after changing these settings. No more left/right jerkiness.

But that won't change the flying speed since those controls don't have an "end point" setting.
The exponential setting just changes the initial reaction on a small stick input but don't change the full throttle speed...

Reactions: Kilrah
Yeah, what I really want ideally is a maximum speed because otherwise you have to hold the stick in exactly the same place to keep a constant speed which is much harder to do at partial deflection - if you can hold the stick to the end-stop then you can't wobble and ruin the shot.

No-one mentioned whether it's really in litchi as OP said, maybe I'll look today.

Reactions: mr.jipi_
Can't you use tapfly with the speed slider for what you want to capture?

Reactions: Kilrah
isn't the fixed wing mode a kind of cruise control? I define a certain speed, then tap C1 in fixed wing mode. et voilá!

Fixed wing mode comes with gimbal lock for smooth plane like curves...

Unfortunately you can't orient the gimbal in FW mode so you're forced to have half sky in your picture unless you're descending. Kinda stupid since everybody flying a fixed wing in FPV would either put the camera on a tilting mount or at least attach it with some downwards angle. Hopefully they fix that in next version and allow adjusting angle with the dial.

Thanks for these answers. Tapfly and Fixed Wing aren't really going to work for me since they pose other limitations (straight line and fixed gimbal flying). Not going to mess with advanced default settings. I'll investigate Cinematic mode more carefully, it might be best. As for Litchi I just assumed it had the features Autopilot has of setting maximum cruising speed 0-45 mph on almost all flight modes. This would be so useful to have as I prefer to operate in the GO app and I'd like to throttle forward fully at a fixed speed to avoid any uneven flying and get maximum cinematic effects!

Unfortunately you can't orient the gimbal in FW mode so you're forced to have half sky in your picture unless you're descending. Kinda stupid since everybody flying a fixed wing in FPV would either put the camera on a tilting mount or at least attach it with some downwards angle. Hopefully they fix that in next version and allow adjusting angle with the dial.

I've noticed that Home Lock seems to slightly lower the top speed while it's on, compared to GPS Mode with Obstacle Avoidance. (By about 3 to 5 mph. Tested it flying forward vs. non-Home Lock with otherwise identical settings in the same wind.)

Reactions: rickray
Wonder how Home Lock compares to Cinematic if I have to choose one.

I've noticed that Home Lock seems to slightly lower the top speed while it's on, compared to GPS Mode with Obstacle Avoidance. (By about 3 to 5 mph. Tested it flying forward vs. non-Home Lock with otherwise identical settings in the same wind.)

Without having tried it myself. Why not bring down the gain values to their lowest limits?
47704a5a0a7a4fc4bdc16b0ad1ccde38.jpg

Have just done the latest Go4 update on my S7 and this is exactly what the Gains settings have been changed to (0) is this normal, before I believe they were all set to 100?

These settings are stored in the aircraft. Always connect and power up everything to see valid stuff in the app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54