DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to fly with two apps consequentially?

ivanatora

Reactions
Hi guys,

I want to take off and take a few photos with Litchi and then switch to DroneDeploy and do a mission. But it seems only one app can be active in the same flying session.

When I plug in the USB cable and connect remote, Litchi starts automatically. So far, this is fine. But when I quit Litchi and start DroneDeploy, it can't connect to drone. So, I unplugged the USB cable and plugged it again. This time Android asked me if I want to let DD be default app for this USB accessorie. I don't want it to be default, but I want it to have access only this time. So I leave out the default option unchecked and click OK. Then unexpectedly Litchi starts again.

Second unplug-plug cable try. This time I check the default option and yet (!) Litchi starts again.
Third time unplug-plug. This time finally DD starts and does what it has to do.

Is there an easy way to switch apps? This USB cable dance costs a lot of valuable fly time.

I fear next time I fly DD will start and I will have the same hard time to switch out to Litchi...

Android 6, phone is CAT S60.

Is there an easy way to switch apps?
As @Haloweenhamster suggested, go to "Settings" --> "Apps" --> "Litchi" and clear the defaults in the "Open by default" section.

After doing that, you'll want to make sure you always start DJI GO, Litchi, etc. using the "just once" option like this:

Android-USB-Options-DJI-GO-4.jpg

Yeah, thanks! That worked. I still have issues starting DroneDeploy, but it seems it is different and it is an app-related issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato