DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get a longer distance flight without RTH taking over.

pilot1

Reactions
I have been trying to get a longer flight to a specific location that is about 3 miles away.
Each time I try, the Mavic RTH takes over when the battery is at about 65% level. I am comfortable going further since I will have a tailwind on the return.
Is there a setting that will allow me to travel out further before RTH intervenes?

I have been trying to get a longer flight to a specific location that is about 3 miles away.
Each time I try, the Mavic RTH takes over when the battery is at about 65% level. I am comfortable going further since I will have a tailwind on the return.
Is there a setting that will allow me to travel out further before RTH intervenes?
In the app menu you can set when the battery RTH kicks in, you can set it for any battery percent you feel comfortable with.

Sorry to be a pain however I am unable to find where to set in the menu.

this is by memory.....

in the go app where it said ready to go, click on the drone icon.
I think the battery icon is the 2nd/3rd from the bottom, click on that and explore.
Hope my memory serves me right.....sorry just woke up.

I do not have my drone with me, however you need to be powered up and connected to the RC and Drone, I think it is in the battery menu, but you may have to hunt around.

Reactions: Top Hat
I do not have my drone with me, however you need to be powered up and connected to the RC and Drone, I think it is in the battery menu, but you may have to hunt around.

Yup! drone should be ON and connected to App.

Found "Smart Return to Home when battery level is low"
Is this what you are referring to or is there a setting to RTH when battery hits a certain percentage?

Found "Smart Return to Home when battery level is low"
Is this what you are referring to or is there a setting to RTH when battery hits a certain percentage?
there should be settings for "low battery alarm" and "critical battery alarm" that you can set as percentages.

I don't understand the problem then, it says you can cancel on the screen. 65% seems like a good number to keep for a Point A to B back to point A flight. I have mine set to 30% but don't fly long distance.

No such setting in the menu for this. This setting is preset from the factory and is not adjustable.
Hmm.. I have adjustable setting in my menu.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Top Hat
You have setting for low battery warning but not for when the bird RTH back to home. That's what he was wanting to adjust.

It doesn't just RTH at some preset %- it calculates how far and high you are from home, and activates the Battery RTH based on this calculation. Be forewarned, it does NOT take into account prevailing wind conditions, so if you are way out there and are battling a heavy headwind on the way back- you probably won't make it.

The only way to PREVENT this RTH (aside from cancelling it) is to switch to a 3rd party battery type- but now you are on your own. You must do your own battery management all the way. For most of us legacy FPV flyers, this is not a big deal. For noobs, good luck.

It doesn't just RTH at some preset %- it calculates how far and high you are from home, and activates the Battery RTH based on this calculation. Be forewarned, it does NOT take into account prevailing wind conditions, so if you are way out there and are battling a heavy headwind on the way back- you probably won't make it.

The only way to PREVENT this RTH (aside from cancelling it) is to switch to a 3rd party battery type- but now you are on your own. You must do your own battery management all the way. For most of us legacy FPV flyers, this is not a big deal. For noobs, good luck.
Are you an HF man?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3