DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get approval from KittyHawk into Smart Controller

How is the KittyHawk approval getting into the DJI SmartController software system?
The LAANC approval through Kittyhawk only allows you to fly legally by authorizing your flight with the FAA.

If your drone is being grounded by a DJI GEO Zone, then you'll need to unlock that zone through DJI. That can be done in DJI GO or by submitting a request here if DJI GO does not prompt you unlock it.

DJI Smart controller is what is connected to my Mavic2 Pro. Since nothing worked this AM trying to get it approved via the Smart Controller, I tried and got approval on my iPhone via Kittyhawk but still nothing form the Smart Controller would allow me to take off. How is the KittyHawk approval getting into the DJI SmartController software system?
so, i had a same moment of the initial confusion after reading about dji recommending that app for flight authorizations. as kitty hawk requested dji account user and password anybody who presumes that software was done by somebody with a functioning brain - would presume, well, that kitty goes with the request to laanc, gets it, then sends it to your dji account (otherwise what do they need that account credentials for, right?), and then via account link go4 app on the smart controller unlocks the flight.

so, once again is had been proven - it is wrong to presume anything. will see if eventually all this will work in some way that actually makes sense with maps that also make sense and correlate to one another and FAA origin.

so, i had a same moment of the initial confusion after reading about dji recommending that app for flight authorizations. as kitty hawk requested dji account user and password anybody who presumes that software was done by somebody with a functioning brain - would presume, well, that kitty goes with the request to laanc, gets it, then sends it to your dji account (otherwise what do they need that account credentials for, right?), and then via account link go4 app on the smart controller unlocks the flight.

so, once again is had been proven - it is wrong to presume anything. will see if eventually all this will work in some way that actually makes sense with maps that also make sense and correlate to one another and FAA origin.
At the moment Kittyhawk just uses the DJI credentials to import flight logs.

Thank for followup and input. I'll add some photos sort of in order from the last 2 days. Finally got approval when I went into the GENERAL SETTINGS, UNLOCKING LICENSE LIST, IMPORT. I was under the impression once you answered the questions on PLEASE CONFIRM and the next screen was UNLOCKING SUCCESSFUL then ARE YOU SURE?, I should be good to go but every time it keep looping back with NO TAKEOFF. So I went searching around on the GENERAL SETTINGS. Not sure if I will have to do this every time or not. But will find out the next time more than a day away since my LICENSE from yesterday is still good. Again thanks.

Attachments

• wdw-1.JPG
    wdw-1.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 49
  • wdw-2.JPG
    wdw-2.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 45
  • wdw-3.JPG
    wdw-3.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 43
  • wdw-4.JPG
    wdw-4.JPG