DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how to get cached videos on sd card?

thead

Reactions
I know the good quality videos are stored in the mavic on its sdcard. But the cached videos in my tablet that i fly with fill up the tablets on board memory quick and i would like to save some of them. Is there a option to save to sdcard in tablet as i have a large 64gb sdcard in tablet? thanks

My mavic came with a 16 gb micro SD card and I watched the video cache get full so I set the video cache limit to the maximum displayed on my smartphone screen which is 16 gb. My problem is that even after I put my 200 GB micro SD card in my mavic, I still get can't video cache limits to go above 16 GBs. My 200 GB micro SD card has 183 GBs of useable space on it. My smartphone is an Asus ZenFone Deluxe 3 special edition Android phone with 256 GB internal memory and 6 GBs of RAM. I bought the smartphone in Taiwan last month and bought my mavic last week. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to resolve this video cache issue? I live in Japan and the drone community here is more underground.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: silverex
My mavic came with a 16 gb micro SD card and I watched the video cache get full so I set the video cache limit to the maximum displayed on my smartphone screen which is 16 gb. My problem is that even after I put my 200 GB micro SD card in my mavic, I still get can't video cache limits to go above 16 GBs. My 200 GB micro SD card has 183 GBs of useable space on it. My smartphone is an Asus ZenFone Deluxe 3 special edition Android phone with 256 GB internal memory and 6 GBs of RAM. I bought the smartphone in Taiwan last month and bought my mavic last week. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to resolve this video cache issue? I live in Japan and the drone community here is more underground.

Thanks in advance.

The CACHED file is not saved on the Mavic it is saved in your mobile phone or tablet that you have connected to the remote control, you need to either clear out the cache on your mobile ( this can be set to auto clear via the DJI GO app or you can copy the files to a pc/cloud storage )

The cache is a low resolution copy stored on your phone in addition to the full resolution footage on the card. It's cool if you want to do a quick review/show people without taking the aircraft's card out but that's about it, not important beyond that. If cache is full/disabled all you won't have is that copy on the phone, doesn't change a thing about the onboard recording.

It is an pain that DJI Go cannot take advantage of removable storage on your device. Hopefully it will be something that they introduce soon. Saving the cache to a micro-sd card should be fine speed wise as it is only either 720p or 1080p but it may have a slight effect on your devices battery, doubt it would be noticeable though.

The CACHED file is not saved on the Mavic it is saved in your mobile phone or tablet that you have connected to the remote control, you need to either clear out the cache on your mobile ( this can be set to auto clear via the DJI GO app or you can copy the files to a pc/cloud storage )

so even though the RC says that the cache is full the Mavic is still recording to the MicroSD card installed in the Mavic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett