DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get original video out of DJI Go app (Android)

szh

Reactions
The other day I forgot to clean up the SD card in the drone, and the card soon ran out of space. So I downloaded a couple of the videos to the (Android) phone I was using, and deleted them from the drone.

How can I access these originals (not cached versions) on the Android device?

In the DJI Go app I can see the video, and it has an "ORIGINAL" label over it. But it does not tell me where it is located in the phone file system. In the phone's Gallery app I cannot find it. I can find the cached version but not the original one. I looked around in the file manager a bit, but cannot find the video.

Where does the DJI Go app store originals on Android? I need to get this file off the phone, both to archive it and to free up space on the phone.

Most likely in your phone's photo/video library. Look where all your phone videos or photos are recorded.

Most likely in your phone's photo/video library. Look where all your phone videos or photos are recorded.

Android phones do not have a central location for storing photos/videos. Photo apps (such as the included Gallery app) do collect all pictures/videos, but these are at different locations in the file system, and as I said, in this case the Gallery app was not showing this video at all, only the cached variant.

Eventually I found where it was. The location of originals is

DJI/dji.go.v4/DJI Album

The file name is of the form org_....mov (or mp4 if that's how it was configured).

Reactions: Cyberpower678
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007