DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get proper file for elevation from usgs

tleonhar

Reactions
I am trying to download the DEM data to a Litchi mission. When I bring up EarthExplorer, I can get the elevation data, but only download a tiff or dt2 file, none of which are compatible with Litchi. How can I get the proper file format, DEM ASC?

The short answer is that you'll have to convert it with other software. ASCII Grid is generally not a format that DEMs are supplied in. It also must be WGS84.

Reactions: tleonhar
The short answer is that you'll have to convert it with other software. ASCII Grid is generally not a format that DEMs are supplied in. It also must be WGS84.

Thanks for the info. Any suggestions for conversion software that will do that for me? Either Windows or Linux...

Awesome! thanks, I'll give it a try...
I'm not sure that you'll get any better elevations from what you've downloaded compared to what Litchi uses for its AGL elevations, unless the DEM you've downloaded is based on recently acquired LIDAR data. Some states are beginning to make this higher-res data available (and you can get fairly accurate 1 ft. contours from it). It can normally be found on your state GIS site. Bear in mind that this might be overkill, though, because the MP is only using GPS for its vertical and horizontal position, and this is only accurate to 10 feet at best.

Just being a Litchi newbe, I neglected to check the box to use online elevations. I'm now trying to add it to the couple test missions I created on the mission hub. One of those live and learn experiences.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair