DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get rid of food smells from drone cases.

Wollemi

Reactions
Bought my first RPA. Bought second-hand via Gumtree. Came with three medium-firm cases by DJI and Pgytech.
I realise on admiring all this stuff closer at home that the cases all have fragrant oily spices/curry smells.
How to get rid of cooked food smells, please?

Waffle follows;
One case is still new with tags, having sat in the corner of the sellers small apartment for the last two years, I guess.
These cases don't smell on the inside. The seller was of southern asian background, terrific guy as he was, the evidence is there that he enjoyed cooking meals at home that are traditional of his cultural heritage.

A few years ago, I came across a pair of TNF gloves marketed for extreme alpinism - at an OpShop/charity store for AUD30. Still with tags they sell here in Australia for $190-230. But they smelt - actually the entire shop had smells like cooking oil not being vented.
I spoke to the manager, who said it came from a large cafe next door where their venting of fryers and ovens conflicted with the charity clothing store's air-conditioning unit. Penrith City Council refused to do anything. That cafe/takeaway sold somewhat bland Australian fare, not spicy...

I washed the gloves twice, I wiped them down in tea-tree oil, I put them in large container over-night with lemon peel and shook the container madly. I hung them outside in rain for three days. I convinced myself they were too large, and sold them for $50 to a guy who sailed a yacht from NZ to Antarctica to go mountaineering.

And now I have the problem again.
How to get rid of smells? I am thinking of half-cup of bicarb of soda (powder) into a garbage bag, then placing three drone cases in there for a few days.

Reactions: Droniac
I’ve used free breeze and just set outside for a fee days with smelly
cases.

We have a tiny ozone generator designed for cars. It is amazing how well it works for your car. It is the size of a drink cup and fits in your cup holder. If you had access to an ozone generator big or small I would try it.

• Wow
Reactions: Droniac and Wollemi
We have a tiny ozone generator designed for cars. It is amazing how well it works for your car. It is the size of a drink cup and fits in your cup holder. If you had access to an ozone generator big or small I would try it.

Exposure to ozone​

• Can cause eye, nose, throat and lung irritation, cough and shortness of breath.
  • May exacerbate chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma.
  • Is likely to increase hospital admissions and emergency room visits for respiratory disease.
  • Can also adversely affect indoor plants, and damage materials such as rubber, electrical wire coatings

Exposure to ozone​

• Can cause eye, nose, throat and lung irritation, cough and shortness of breath....
Yes. That is correct. The instructions to the Ozone generator are to use it only when the car is not occupied and to open the doors/windows and let the car air out before using the vehicle.

Bought my first RPA. Bought second-hand via Gumtree. Came with three medium-firm cases by DJI and Pgytech.
I realise on admiring all this stuff closer at home that the cases all have fragrant oily spices/curry smells.
How to get rid of cooked food smells, please?

Waffle follows;
One case is still new with tags, having sat in the corner of the sellers small apartment for the last two years, I guess.
These cases don't smell on the inside. The seller was of southern asian background, terrific guy as he was, the evidence is there that he enjoyed cooking meals at home that are traditional of his cultural heritage.

A few years ago, I came across a pair of TNF gloves marketed for extreme alpinism - at an OpShop/charity store for AUD30. Still with tags they sell here in Australia for $190-230. But they smelt - actually the entire shop had smells like cooking oil not being vented.
I spoke to the manager, who said it came from a large cafe next door where their venting of fryers and ovens conflicted with the charity clothing store's air-conditioning unit. Penrith City Council refused to do anything. That cafe/takeaway sold somewhat bland Australian fare, not spicy...

I washed the gloves twice, I wiped them down in tea-tree oil, I put them in large container over-night with lemon peel and shook the container madly. I hung them outside in rain for three days. I convinced myself they were too large, and sold them for $50 to a guy who sailed a yacht from NZ to Antarctica to go mountaineering.

And now I have the problem again.
How to get rid of smells? I am thinking of half-cup of bicarb of soda (powder) into a garbage bag, then placing three drone cases in there for a few days.
Ozonator would definitely rid ANY odor, although ozone indoors is not a toy. Cleans purifies air and anything else it comes into contact with. You can purchase on Zon. But again, ozonators and people/animals shouldn’t be in same enclosed space. I know it’s a late post but I had to recommend it. Godspeed.

Concur with the Febreze...douse the case in it and let it air out in the Suns UV rays. If the foam is removable make sure to coat all sides and if it has some give to the foam, compress and release it a few times to work the product into the foam. You also might want to use the original (Blue) Dawn dish liquid and give it a good soaking and hot rinse a few times. If dealing with a oil residue issue which sounds like the case in your case of your case :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S