DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get the Italian No-Fly zone map?

dmaus84

Reactions
Ciao tutti!

Can anyone point me in the right direction of getting the No-Fly zone map for Italy? I can't sign up on d-flight.it, because I don't have a CF/CIF/TIN, not being Italian and all... ;-)

I found the AirMap app, but that doesn't show very much, which either means, I have no lateral restrictions and can fly wherever I want, or it's too good to be true and the map is missing a lot of info.
Right now I am in the Dolomites for skiing, looking to have the Drone follow me on the (quiet) slopes. Any suggestions are welcome!

Grazie!
M

Ciao tutti!

Can anyone point me in the right direction of getting the No-Fly zone map for Italy? I can't sign up on d-flight.it, because I don't have a CF/CIF/TIN, not being Italian and all... ;-)

I found the AirMap app, but that doesn't show very much, which either means, I have no lateral restrictions and can fly wherever I want, or it's too good to be true and the map is missing a lot of info.
Right now I am in the Dolomites for skiing, looking to have the Drone follow me on the (quiet) slopes. Any suggestions are welcome!

Grazie!
M
Hi, the only italian official flying map is d-Flight. You must Go to www.d-Flight.it and create your account. Then login with this account and you will find all the no-fly zone, the restricted areas and the free zone where you can fly. Be careful that many natural parks, also is marked free, have their own rules. I suggest you to inform yourself before flying

Last edited:
Yes, as you can read in my original post I know the website, and as you can read I cannot create an account because I don’t have an italian tax number. Or maybe you can give me one? 😬

Ciao tutti!

Grazie!
M
Well, the ubiquitous Italian chaos with badly exposed and composed info, cumbersome, difficult to find and understand, if not misleading, incomplete, distorted and erroneous is well represented also here.
This is the exemplary site:

Reactions: JimSteadman
Well, the ubiquitous Italian chaos with badly exposed and composed info, cumbersome, difficult to find and understand, if not misleading, incomplete, distorted and erroneous is well represented also here.
This is the exemplary site:
Yep. I guess it’s a typical case of:

Rest of Europe: Download our maps with no hassle!
Italy: Sorry pal, Italians only.

Too bad, I guess I’m just gonna check with the locals.

I'm going to Italy in September and trying to figure out this site. Created an account and am stuck.

A bit confusing as it wants insurance information and there's no way I'm spending money on something that won't be used for months.

Any opinions on if this is a waste of time?

Thanks

leaving soon fot Italy and i have the same problem. Do i bring the drone or not?
Yes do it! Beautiful areas! Just respect the zone indications on the DJ app. I haven’t had any problems. I went skiing in the Dolomiti, and the police said it was no problem to have the drone follow you on the slopes. From my ski instructor I learned that a lot of MTB cyclists are doing the same in summer.

My second trip was to Tuscany this year, and again, lots of beautiful areas to fly! So yeah, bring it!!

Yes do it! Beautiful areas! Just respect the zone indications on the DJ app. I haven’t had any problems. I went skiing in the Dolomiti, and the police said it was no problem to have the drone follow you on the slopes. From my ski instructor I learned that a lot of MTB cyclists are doing the same in summer.

My second trip was to Tuscany this year, and again, lots of beautiful areas to fly! So yeah, bring it!!
Thank you for you answer, much appreciated

Same issue than OP. Go to Venice by the end of the week. Is there's a way to film Venice, from Mestre (closest town) for example? Is it forbidden for small drone like Mini 2? Dji Flysafe say ther's no problem at all, but I can't verify this in D-Flight...

Hi, I fly FPV, have a license. But I can't register, get an error everytime. I wrote to D-Flight and even tried to call them but nothing works...
I'm going to Mezzana, can I fly there?
Are there any other maps not a D-Flight?

Hi, I fly FPV, have a license. But I can't register, get an error everytime. I wrote to D-Flight and even tried to call them but nothing works...
I'm going to Mezzana, can I fly there?
Are there any other maps not a D-Flight?
There’s an app called d-space that is similar to d-Flight but it’s non free

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu