DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get this awesome shot?

Pacesetter

Reactions
Does anyone know how this guy got this shot.

Fast forward to 2.58 - 3.08. He is using POI with M2P which I know how to use but only for orbiting.

I think the shot as shown at 2.58 - 3.08 is awesome. I tried asking on his channel but hasn't responded.

I haven't had a chance to get out and try on the field so asking the question.

Do you just override the otherwise POI orbiting with the joysticks?

Last edited:
I would be concerned that someone call the police on me ? It has happened before !

Pacesetter he never leaves POI he’s just manipulating the
sticks while doing one. Like was posted just try it. Is easy.
I would be concerned that someone call the police on me ? It has happened before !
What are you referring to.

So don’t fly around a construction site. Most are posted as no trespassing and should you crash you would not be able to recover your aircraft.

Find something to practice on like a single tree with open field and no people around. That type of cinematography requires hours of practice with hand eye coordination to perfect.

Notice that the pilot launched from an elevated area close to the area of operation and not from below amongst all the rebar. The other advantage to that is horizontal distance which allows better control connectivity than overhead operation.

Reactions: Thomas B
It's a crane, not a transmitting antenna. What would be the source of the radio interference?
I have sometimes had weird signal disruption around the cabs of cranes. I assume there is some radio/wifi equipment inside the cab, which, if inadvertently/deliberately left on after hours, might be problematic.

Last edited:

Fast forward to 2.58 - 3.08. He is using POI with M2P which I know how to use but only for orbiting.

I think the shot as shown at 2.58 - 3.08 is awesome. I tried asking on his channel but hasn't responded.

He explains it in much greater detail here:
Pretty cool! Can't wait to see how it might improve my manual POI shots with some really awesome effects!

Reactions: Chris-KC

Stunning. Yes, if one could do that manually, then you'd be an extremely well-accomplished pilot, doing 3 or 4 stick movements and gimbal as a fifth. That would take hours and hours and hours of practice.

nice! love it.

Not trying to sound condescending, but every movement he's showing is matched with on screen stick combination used for that movement. Just find an object less challenging than the crane (smaller, shorter) and try it. Practice does it... Happy flying.
When I watch the video I dont see the on screen stick movements you are talking about. But I do understand how he accomplished this shot.

I would suspect that most of the “dramatic” shots were done in post. Flying away from an object, with a crane coming into the shot at an uncomfortably close (dramatic) angle, would be extremely difficult and unsafe. Instead, I would fly towards the object, then reverse play the shot while editing. -Same with the speed changes.

I’ve (slowly and painfully) learned to manipulate footage using Resolve. As with most editing programs, the learning curve is initially steep, but the later rewards well worth the effort.

Reactions: RonW
I would suspect that most of the “dramatic” shots were done in post. Flying away from an object, with a crane coming into the shot at an uncomfortably close (dramatic) angle, would be extremely difficult and unsafe. Instead, I would fly towards the object, then reverse play the shot while editing. -Same with the speed changes.

I’ve (slowly and painfully) learned to manipulate footage using Resolve. As with most editing programs, the learning curve is initially steep, but the later rewards well worth the effort.
Indeed, and he says so in the comment replies below the YT video in post #10 above, which explains his technique in much greater detail. Check it out!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada