DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to go about Color Grading D-Cinelike footage ?...

jojonono

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I got an Air 2 and shoot my first video with D-Cinelike, i had few LUTs from youtube but once applied on my D-CineLike the result was totally different (which i can appreciate why...), anyways, am not done shooting all parts of the video yet, but i think i will stick to HDR or Normal video from now on on my Air 2 for better overall image quality with minimum grading, any LUT out there to match the D Cinelike footage from the Air 2 to a HDR footage or Normal Footage ?... as i said ill shoot more videos for this project on HDR mode and just want to color match the image overall, any tutorial also how to color grade specifically mavic air 2 d cine like ?...

thanks,

What program are you using to edit?

Might want to check out some of the threads on here about grading and matching HDR and D-cinelike. Personally, I wouldn't change modes in the middle of a project. Much harder to match.

What program are you using to edit?
premiere pro

guys am wondering on this too, hope someone can aid me with some advise, i came to know HDR video can't have manual controls, how does that work for getting cinematic look ? ie id like to set shutter double the frame rate and keep it there and never bump the ISO so high etc... ??...

Last edited:
premiere pro

guys am wondering on this too, hope someone can aid me with some advise, i came to know HDR video can't have manual controls, how does that work for getting cinematic look ? ie id like to set shutter double the frame rate and keep it there and never bump the ISO so high etc... ??.
I think it is important to understand that HDR is only a better option in certain circumstances. The video below explains it far better than I can. But if I didn't have the benefit of a pro explaining it, I would have said that the real key to most digital capture is simply *don't overexpose*. The one thing you do not want to do is take the exposure past the camera's ability to capture white WITH DETAIL, perhaps with the exception of a small amount of specular highlights. But speculars should be treated like how much salt you put in soup. And even then it's easier to recover an underexposed image or clip and bring out the highlights than one that is overexposed with no captured detail to be recovered.

I submitted some videos to "Black Box" for sales and distribution. It seemed like the videos had a higher rejection rate when I used color grading or "over editing", perhaps because of the introduction of noise. My guess is that if the video will be used in a later production the end user will want have more control of the final look ?

I think it is important to understand that HDR is only a better option in certain circumstances. The video below explains it far better than I can. But if I didn't have the benefit of a pro explaining it, I would have said that the real key to most digital capture is simply *don't overexpose*. The one thing you do not want to do is take the exposure past the camera's ability to capture white WITH DETAIL, perhaps with the exception of a small amount of specular highlights. But speculars should be treated like how much salt you put in soup. And even then it's easier to recover an underexposed image or clip and bring out the highlights than one that is overexposed with no captured detail to be recovered.

ive seen that video actually but again this guy seems like a pro and knows how to colorgrade his Cinelike D footage I DONT !... anyways, watched tons of videos there i dont think ill be shooting flat any time soon... i just would like to shoot HDR straight out of the cam, not sure if u saw this and if it is accurate ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ