DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to increase max flight altitude above 500 m?

Not possible with present stock firmware ... & think it's never been doable to hack any previous either for M2.

Besides that, the legal limit is usually 400ft/120m above ground directly below the craft in every moment. If your intention is to go up a mountain side keeping it legal the only way is to land (without losing connection) & take off again as the barometric sensor always resets just after take-off (also note that you get a new HP at that location).

the question was technical and not legal.

(fyi, there are 200+ countries on Earth + intl airspace, and each country with ATC that could grant whatever altitude they want)
Only DJI can remove that firmware restriction, via their QEP, which is generally only available to government agencies or government-approved organizations.

I believe there was a hack but it required replacing the motherboard and was heinously expensive

This guy somehow got his to 2.5K (not recommended for so many reasons)

the answer was incorrect. see the above posts.
Once in a while guys like you pop up in the forum asking tech questions about thing's that might be against the laws & regulations ... they all usually get a proper tech answer & a friendly reminder about the regulations.

Some gratefully take the advice regarding the laws as they didn't know ... some explain & have a valid reason (like going up a mountain) ... others like you, becomes very itchy regarding the reminder ... a clear sign that you don't give a crap about the regulations & most probably aren't someone that will get the height restrictions removed by DJI trough QEP.

You say that the answer is incorrect ... if that's the case, can you please point me to the posts with the correct answer.

Reactions: Garo and CarlsbadAL
Other thoughts aside, the climb and descent times are appreciable. I have done an up and over the top of a hill / cliff flight and believe me coming down can take a loooonnnnnng time, especially when you are keeping an eye on the battery charge.

I wonder what the motor speeds were during the climb in the video of post #8 and what the flight did to the battery?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Panagiotis Kassavos
The only way is to have DJI unlock it for you which they'll do if you have all the paperwork to prove you've been officially authorised to do so.

Yup, they beat the NLD, even with those expensive ( Mod Removed Language)now pointless boards? Sad day for NLD, poor ColdFlake... So many already hated him and NLD... Now they have more reasons...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61