DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to increase range signal strength.

pilot1

Reactions
The other day I saw a YOU TUBE video on how to increase transmitting power from 0.5 Watt to 1.5 Watt for better signal between controller and Mavic. The procedure looked pretty involved. Has anyone tried this yet and what were your results.

Reactions: emdederde
The first thing you can do is use parabolic dishes for the antennas to focus the output, before you increase it. Do you have a link to the video? I'm curious how they achieved it.

Been using it for months without a problem.

The only issue might be battery life, as with greater power output comes also more power consumption

On 0.1w I manage to get around 600 meters in the city (buildings etc)

0.4w gives me around 2km+ and still signal is ok

I do not see the need to push it to 1.5w unless you really want to go for a distance record :)

FCC mod works on iOS till 4.1.2 and you can even adjust the iOS app not to update anymore :)

This is just my thoughts... Why more range than what you can get from the Mavic? 7km is more than enough. I have reached almost a mile with stock controller and feel to lose my baby Mavic So I return it back.

This is just my thoughts... Why more range than what you can get from the Mavic? 7km is more than enough. I have reached almost a mile with stock controller and feel to lose my baby Mavic So I return it back.
7km in perfect conditions. I have had signal issues at half a mile away in some places. Also, some people, myself included, don't mind a little risk. I enjoy taking my Mavic out as far as I possibly can. If I lose it, so be it. I can buy another. I like to have fun, and isn't that the whole reason most of us buy these things :)

Why not?
If you can then why not. There’s something a lot of us get from making something better or pushing things to their limits. Sometimes we raise those limits.
I started off with some Holystone $89 camera drone that at the time I thought went pretty far.(maybe 200’) why would I want to go any further?
Well, then I bought a P3s knowing I would never be able to go as far as that could. Well originally went a max of about 1500’ butbtyen modded and went over 1.5 Miles.
Why would I need to any further?
Then I bought the Mavic and gave hadbout over 2 Miles. Haven’t maxed till disconnection but when do I will start on this for further distance. I like the reassurance knowing I’m not gonna lose connection unless I try to.
Btw. All my long distance is out over water so no preaching about LOS.

Reactions: Youser and macoman
The only issue might be battery life, as with greater power output comes also more power consumption

On 0.1w I manage to get around 600 meters in the city (buildings etc)

0.4w gives me around 2km+ and still signal is ok

I do not see the need to push it to 1.5w unless you really want to go for a distance record :)

FCC mod works on iOS till 4.1.2 and you can even adjust the iOS app not to update anymore :)
Are you sure that mode works up to 4.1.2? Because i see comments that it is compatible up to 4.1.12 on iOS and 4.1.10 on Android. Have also try 1.5w boost mode?

Are you sure that mode works up to 4.1.2? Because i see comments that it is compatible up to 4.1.12 on iOS and 4.1.10 on Android. Have also try 1.5w boost mode?

You are right, my typo there, it is 4.1.12

If I want to boost the signal I'll use the files at
howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info]
For example to get 0.4W or 1.5W and 2.57GHz.

There it's said those data are for the "video frequency".
What happens with the signal not related to video?
I mean the orders sent to the drone to control it.
Will they also be boosted and work at 2.57GHz?

The other day I saw a YOU TUBE video on how to increase transmitting power from 0.5 Watt to 1.5 Watt for better signal between controller and Mavic. The procedure looked pretty involved. Has anyone tried this yet and what were your results.
I've just been using the mod app and that puts you into fcc mode but I don't think it's the fcc power your talking about I think it's 0.4 watt output these app's.

Correct me if I'm wrong somebody I've only just started using them.

I've just been using the mod app and that puts you into fcc mode but I don't think it's the fcc power your talking about I think it's 0.4 watt output these app's.

Correct me if I'm wrong somebody I've only just started using them.
Excuse me but I'm new on this.

I thought that modded app was created to force you into FCC mode, that means if you are in a CE region it will rise the power from 0.09W to 0.4W.

Anyway the config files are stored on this site:
howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info]

If you have a look there you can view a table with specifications.
One of the headers say "Video Frequency".
That's why I'm wondering if the frequency is modified just for video transmission or also for other signals.

I downloaded this mod. After downloading it and running it the DJI GO 4 app (downgraded version) asked me to sign into DJI GO 4 to connect to DJI before using. After doing the "patch" the app just closed and would not reopen. Now, I'm receiving about 200 spam emails a day and I don't know what all information the app got off my phone. I'm posting this because I wish someone would have warned me about this before I tried doing it. I've found other people having this same issue but only see a few posts about it.

Good luck and fly safe!

I downloaded this mod. After downloading it and running it the DJI GO 4 app (downgraded version) asked me to sign into DJI GO 4 to connect to DJI before using. After doing the "patch" the app just closed and would not reopen. Now, I'm receiving about 200 spam emails a day and I don't know what all information the app got off my phone. I'm posting this because I wish someone would have warned me about this before I tried doing it. I've found other people having this same issue but only see a few posts about it.

Good luck and fly safe!
Thats because you didnt follow directions! It said to install in AP mode log in using ab to create file ....then log in connected after you'd inserted the file in go4 boost app . It does work. Just enough any better mod the ant thats involved.

Thats because you didnt follow directions! It said to install in AP mode log in using ab to create file ....then log in connected after you'd inserted the file in go4 boost app . It does work. Just enough any better mod the ant thats involved.
And no spam come from rc drones.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143