DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mcsaddle

Reactions
I bought industrial strength velcro tape. I placed the self adhesive stick to TOP of battery of mavic 2 pro with the Tag antennea facing forward....then I placed the velcro side sticky down to tag and the end I folded overitself about a 1/2" both sides.....so the volcro.goes over the top of tag and connect to m2p battery where the soff side of velcro is. I flew my mavic 2 pro today with 3 diff batteries...no interference...flies great!! See attached photos. No mor lose connection and cant find it and worry about dji not having evidence anymore. I would highly recommend adding marco polo tag to your drone.....I spent 15 man hrs hunting down a fly away last month and the mavic 2 pro stopped gps and recording...so now I have marco polo....I feel safe now!!

Attachments

• 20190425_202010.jpg
    20190425_202010.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 124
  • 20190425_202040.jpg
    20190425_202040.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 20190425_202021.jpg
    20190425_202021.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 117
  • 20190425_202031.jpg
    20190425_202031.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 112
Having to put velcro on every battery you use would stop the batteries being store in a lot of carry cases. The cut out area will not big enough to take the extra size of the battery (battery plus velcro).

I found that even a 1" square piece of velcro on my batteries makes for a snug fit in my M2E case.

I found that even a 1" square piece of velcro on my batteries makes for a snug fit in my M2E case.

That's why I ended up putting the tracker on an arm adjacent to the fuselage. Using the 3m dual loc tape on a battery would not let it fit in the case battery compartment.

I bought industrial strength velcro tape. I placed the self adhesive stick to TOP of battery of mavic 2 pro with the Tag antennea facing forward....then I placed the velcro side sticky down to tag and the end I folded overitself about a 1/2" both sides.....so the volcro.goes over the top of tag and connect to m2p battery where the soff side of velcro is. I flew my mavic 2 pro today with 3 diff batteries...no interference...flies great!! See attached photos. No mor lose connection and cant find it and worry about dji not having evidence anymore. I would highly recommend adding marco polo tag to your drone.....I spent 15 man hrs hunting down a fly away last month and the mavic 2 pro stopped gps and recording...so now I have marco polo....I feel safe now!!

I went with the more basic and less bulky Marco Polo Tracker and attached it with a 3/4" strip of 10 lb heavy duty velcro on the back.

The previous owner of my M2 Zoom already had velcro on the back of each battery for another purpose, so I simply stick it on the battery with antenna forward, same as you.

I would prefer less velcro but the skins would likely be damaged if I removed the old velcro patch.

This makes it easy to move my Marco Polo over to the Spark when I want to fly it. I attach to a different place on the Spark but use the same velcro means of attachment.

Here are some pics:

Marco Polo with Velcro Back.jpg Mavic 2 Zoom Marco Polo Tracker Attached.jpg

I ordered one of the 3D printed holders for my transmitter - I got the regular one - not the waterproof one, etc.... it clips on to the arm

I ordered one of the 3D printed holders for my transmitter - I got the regular one - not the waterproof one, etc.... it clips on to the arm

What is your source for the holder? I might be interested in that alternative if I can make it work with the Spark too.

Got mine on the rear leg on the side, use Velcro and also wrap it with a bit of sellotape, I have the smaller black receiver on my mavic and have the larger one on my racing quad

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo